Tips for cleaning crown and muzzle break?

arthurj

Hey guys, I have my first gun with a break on it and I am having some trouble cleaning the break and the crown. I've got wipeout, shooters choice, and coppermelt. The other day I put the break in the corner of a bag and squirted some wipeout in with it, worked pretty well but didn't get all of it. The crown is a problem though, the carbon seems to be good and thick on it. Will it hurt the crown to rub it with a paper towel with solvent on it? How do you guys remove this carbon from the crown and the break?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I have my first gun with a break on it and I am having some trouble cleaning the break and the crown. I've got wipeout, shooters choice, and coppermelt. The other day I put the break in the corner of a bag and squirted some wipeout in with it, worked pretty well but didn't get all of it. The crown is a problem though, the carbon seems to be good and thick on it. Will it hurt the crown to rub it with a paper towel with solvent on it? How do you guys remove this carbon from the crown and the break?

[/ QUOTE ]

Break -- ultrasonic cleaner in GUNK carb and parts cleaner.

Crown -- finger, patch and choice of solvent.

JB

[ QUOTE ]
Is Gunk the brand jb? Where do I get this stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the Brand Name.

NAPA auto parts store or similar place.

What if the brake can't be removed? Or should the brake be able to be removed? Mine is on quite tight as I was informed by the smith who installed it. Itsa Holland if that makes any difference?

Mine is a holland also, it is on pretty tight but it is relatively easy to remove.

I have two brakes one I can't get one off the other comes off pretty easely. I use Q tips to get the crud out and some solvent. That works for me.

I would NOT have a brake that couldnt be removed...

Yep GUNK is the brand, got mine at advance auto -- 10$ for a gallon paint type can full.

JB

Don't wreck your crown cleaning your barrel! The Crown Cradle is a bore guide for the muzzle crown end of your barrel - the last thing the bullet touches on the way down range!

Get it here!

Home / Crown Cradle

Attachments

• FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 191
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.