Timney 2 Stage ?

Nomosendero

I have a Rem 5R Mil-Spec 308, a great factory rifle but the trigger is lacking. I was looking at installing a Timney, but I heard a little about their 2-Stage. All my rifles are single stage except for a RRA Varmiter, it works quite well, just not sure about putting on a bolt gun, but a 3# pull with the 2nd stage at .5# sounds pretty neat.

Has anyone tried these ?

Very nice triggers, I have the red one (heavier one). There are a lot of incorrect weight's posted out there on these triggers.

With both of the triggers the first stage can not be adjusted, only the second.

The red triggers have a 1lb first stage, and the second is adjustable from 1.5-4lbs (3lb out of the box)

The blue calvin elite triggers have an 8oz first stage, and the second is adjustable from 1lb-2.5lbs (1lb out of the box)

I hunt with it, so I would think the Red one would be best, thanks !

I too have heard many good things about the trigger in question. I considered the blue one for my current project but went with the CE gold instead, also picked it over Jewell (nothing against it, just my personal preference). Like you, I too will be hunting with it but will probably set the trigger pull at least 1.5 lbs.

Got mine from Ryan at Products - Triggers - Piercision Rifles, excellent price, CS, and he's a site sponsor too.

Good luck!

Ed

I have Timney 510 single stage on my 5R. I love it. Much better than the x-mark. I bought it used with one of the adjustment screws stripped. Timney fixed it no questions asked. Great customer service.

I just put a Calvin Elite in my .308, and actually pulled my Jewell out in favor of the Timney. Nothing against the Jewell at all, I'm
Just used to shooting two stage triggers.

Love the Timney though, 8 oz first stage and second stage adjusted to 1.5lbs.

Looks good, but according to the link it is not avail. for X-Mark replacement & maybe not avail. at all.
Thanks
I'd call them directly and find out.

I have an admitted bias against 2 stage triggers and can't see spending the money to "upgrade" to one.

I have two xmark's and with a little work found them perfectly acceptable.

I have the curved and straight trigger shoe 2 stage calvin elite for 160 shipped. Best price out there. I have a ton of other timneys and jewells instock for the lowest prices with free shipping. Gunsmith/dealer pricing is available.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
563-586-2000

What's the purpose of a 2-stage trigger? I have Timneys in my hunting rifles and my bench rifle. I'm not sure what advantage I'm missing out on.

What's the purpose of a 2-stage trigger? I have Timneys in my hunting rifles and my bench rifle. I'm not sure what advantage I'm missing out on.
The military went to 2 stage triggers for use with gloves and to avoid accidental discharges. You have a light pull to begin with and then you feel it tighten up and then you give it a hair more and the trigger breaks and the rifle fires.

I don't like the longer takeup and I'm not fingering the trigger unless/until I'm ready to fire.

The military went to 2 stage triggers for use with gloves and to avoid accidental discharges. You have a light pull to begin with and then you feel it tighten up and then you give it a hair more and the trigger breaks and the rifle fires.

I don't like the longer takeup and I'm not fingering the trigger unless/until I'm ready to fire.

I had better not comment on that one !

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.