Huber Two Stage Trigger

Greyfox

I just completed a new LRH build, 6.5x284 using a Remington 700 action, Bartlein 26" Sendaro contour, McMillan A3 stock. This rifle shoots so well that I decided to go off the deep end and try a Huber two stage trigger. Timney also makes a two stage for about half the price but I have tried a Huber on a friends competition rifle a while back and really liked it. Using two stage triggers on my A4 !903 for Vintage Sniper Competition, varmint AR's, my AR's for Egg Shoots and other competition for several years, I prefer this design and have been interested in trying a two stage on one of my LRH rifles. I just received the Huber set up 2.5# with an 8oz first stage. It dropped right in taking less then 10 minutes to install. It appears very well made, and has an exceptionally nice feel. I'm anxious to put it through its paces. There is an interesting video in the attachment below that explains the principals of the Huber two stage trigger.

2 Stage Rem 700 Trigger – Huber Concepts – Remington 700 Triggers & Rifle Triggers

Thinking about the huber 2 stage for my next build. How do you like the trigger so far? Is it worth the extra $$ over a jewel.

Rusty

Having used the Huber for several outings with my new build, I really like this trigger and believe it was well worth the extra cost. I don't really believe that comparing the the Huber to the Jewel is a fair comparison. The decision is really about using a two stage vs a single stage trigger. For me, the attributes of a two stage are an advantage in the field in terms of trigger control, speed, and most importantly, accuracy when using higher pull weights. The Jewel is a nice trigger but designed and intended for Benchrest conditions. In the case with the Huber the construction insures long term consistency with harsh conditions in the field is an important factor for me. I thought about the idea of spending $400 on a trigger but when I considered what I have invested in my scope, mounts, stock, barrel, etc, an extra couple of hundred bucks for a good trigger seemed moot. I'm glad I "pulled the trigger".:)

I'm glad I got a Kepplinger single set trigger for my Rem700 while they were easily available. I can't fathom paying a Huber price just for a trigger with so many other options available.

I'm glad I got a Kepplinger single set trigger for my Rem700 while they were easily available. I can't fathom paying a Huber price just for a trigger with so many other options available.

No question, the Huber is a pricey trigger and I expect that most shooters would choke on spending over $400. Many are successful with a whole host of available triggers, as I have been. I also suspect just as many choke on spending $2500-$3500 on a scope as well and get by nicely with less costly samples. But given the three human connection points to the rifle are the brain, the eye, and the trigger finger, i suspect there will always be those that try to optimize these factors. Having spent considerable time with the Huber, I think this investment is one of my better ones. Given my preference for a heavier pull weight and two stage design for field conditions, I have found that my accuracy using the Huber has equaled (perhaps surpassed)what I have been able to achieve with light triggers off the bench. The issue with a heavier trigger is the increased concentration on the process of squeeze and let off. The Huber, with continued use, seems to make this more of a subconscious process that is difficult to articulate. IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.