Tikka T3X Lite Bore Very Little to No Wear

General RE LEE

Unfortunately, I've not kept up with the round count on my Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor since 2020. I estimate I'm between 750-1000 rounds. I checked my measurements to the lands against my measurements when I started hand loading in 2021 and there is virtually zero throat erosion. I shoot 41.5 grain H4350 loads with 143 ELD-X and 147 ELD-M.

I am pretty religious of keeping the barrel cool because being a sporter barrel, it gets hot fast and groups open up.

It still seems to shoot as good as always. Sub MOA on good days.

Anyone have a Tikka that has good barrel life? I'd like to get 2500 rounds if that's possible with 6.5 Creedmoor.

I have a T3 in 22-250 which lasted 800 rounds. I thought it should have gone a little more. I don't think I was hot rodding it but I was running it at 3600 fps with a 55 grain bullet.

One marketing claim I've seen is hammer forged barrels last longer. I've seen a lot of forum posts with similar claims over the years. With a Tikka, you can really chase the lands by adding a long action magazine and long action bolt stop (they're all built on long actions).

Sako/Tikka claim it:

1670514633973.png

Recent Posts