Tikka T3X Lite won't group...help

I did take the action out of the stock to make sure all was well and torqued action screws to 45 in/lbs.

Rifle already has a brake. When I had the action out, I checked the trigger adjustment screw and it was backed out all the way. The trigger feels rather heavy.

Anyhow, I shot another group of 180 grain cheap Remington shells and it shot about a 1" group so there is hope

I had the same situation with the same rifle. I handloaded every single combination I could in every configuration. It just didn't work out. There have been many good suggestions thus far. The best advice mentioned is to bring a rifle you're confident with. If that is not an option, my suggestion is to get within a 100 yards of your target.

When you get home, sell the rifle and buy one you have confidence in.
Heck, I'd buy that Tikka... We can't seem to get them to puke here. My Pop's tikka 300win is the closest to a bad shooting tikka we have and she still shoots very well; it just wants a handload to shoot well. My 270 and my Kid's 7rem are hard to shoot poorly, unless you let them buck and twist when you shoot.
One thing I've seen is to ditch the Tikka rings if you have a stouter chambering. I have Warne rings on my Kid's 7rem and they are great. When the rings on my270 (Tikka aluminum crap) give it up I'll buy Warne for that rifle too.

You should've told me earlier...I would've just given it to you. I can't be too ****ed at that gun, it went on one hunt and I shot the 14th biggest mule deer in ND in 2009. The day after that thing was on the auction block🤣

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.