Tikka T3x…..223 or 22-250?

Laughable…yes your point IS moot.
I have 1000 Lapua SRP cases for 22-250, I knew it was a short run, so bought up as much as I could.
Buy your Alpha brass, makes zero difference to me and, Creedmoor has zero advantages no matter what cal you talk about, it's just a Creedmoor, nothing special at all, like ALL Hornady HYPE cartridges…

Cheers
Unless you are going to give all that brass to the OP, redneck's point is valid. After all, this thread is the OP asking which one he should go with.

Since the question was 223 or 22-250. I love my 22-250's, never owned a 223, never wanted one. It's just one of those cartridges that never interested me. Both of my 250's are 12 twist and shoot 55gr Sierra Gamekings very well. I've killed groundhogs out to 470 yards with them. If I were looking to shoot 70+ grain bullets I'd build a 243.

IMO, barrels are consumables, if you shoot one out, screw another on.

Was a 22Creed asked for by the OP?

Cheers.
Was a 22-250ai asked about by the OP?

OP I have both. I like the 223 for cheap practice. I like the 22-250 when I want to coyote hunt. If it's a truck gun to shoot at the occasional varmint I'm picking 22-250. If it's a practice rifle to shoot a few hundred rounds a week I'm picking 223.

Last edited:
Plenty of brass where I am…

Good for you, again irrelevant to the OP who probably doesn't want to move to ****** Australia so he can buy brass for his rifle. If you want 22-250 brass in the US right now you're either buying factory ammo to shoot or buying someone's mystery once fired brass.

No, there YOU are.

Using logic and reason? Yes.

You seem a few fries short of a full happy meal.

If most shooting 300 yards or less, .223. If you a lot of longer shots, the 22-250. I'v done a lot of coyote and fox hunting, when it's windy I prefer the 22-250, but sometime will grab the .243.