Tikka T3x…..223 or 22-250?

It's really a matter of whether the flatter trajectory is worth the reduced barrel life or not. If you're not going to shoot it a lot it's not a big deal, but if you don't already have a fast twist .22 cal you'll probably want to shoot it a lot once you realize how much fun they are. For that the 223 is the obvious choice. You also won't trim brass as much with a 223 and if you do want to shoot factory ammo the options are endless whereas the 22-250 is limited and seems to be getting more limited all the time.

The up side to the 22-250 other than 400fps more velocity with any given bullet is that it can very easily be reamed to 22 Creedmoor.

I don't know what to tell you, I have both, probably shoot 200 or more rounds through the .223 for every one that I shoot through the 22-250. Accuracy wise there is not much difference, the 250 has the edge in horsepower, but the .223 gets more miles per gallon.

After a couple of hours shooting Prarie dogs behind the 250, the .223 is a lot of fun to shoot. If you are shooting more coyotes get the 22-250. Prarie dogs and small varmints go .223. Just my $.02.