Tikka mags for saum cases?

I'm in the process of doing a rebarrel from a standard bolt face to magnum on a tikka. I've tried to find info regarding the feeding of the saum cases. Is there a difference between a 270 magazine and 300 win mag magazine? I'm going to run it in a long action and would like the 6.5 saum cases to feed reliable. I don't have my components yet to try one. Thanks guys for looking.
I now have 4 Tikkas, the last purchase was the RoughTech in 6.5 Prc. Others are T3 in .243, has the short magazine, a .270 Win. and 300 Win. Mag., both T3x. I find no difference in the 270 and 300 magazines and in fact, use them interchangably. I nearly always carry one of the other mags, loaded and ready to go and have had no issues with feeding, ever. I absolutely hated the "non-flush" look, feel, and function of the supplied RoughTech magazine. Since the actions are the same in the T3xs, (including the RoughTeck model) the standard Tikka magazines snap right in and will accept and feed the 6.5 Prc cartridges just fine. My handloads for the Prc are 2.965" COAL and feed quite well. Plus, I eliminated the protruding, ugly, and uncomfortable magazine supplied with the RoughTech. I can and do use the same "long" magazine for 3 different cartridge/caliber rifles. I do now have 3 of those so I can be "loaded for bear" as they say if I want. I think the SAUM cases are pretty close in size to the Prc cases but, again, I said think as I do not have the specs in front of me. PS: My RoughTech shoots better than I do! Good luck in your quest!

That's good info there! When looking for long magnum magazines it has 270 and 300 win listed together for the same magazine so I was trying to confirm that. I think I'll try the long magazine and if that don't work out I'll look at hells canyon then the 4 round prc

That's good info there! When looking for long magnum magazines it has 270 and 300 win listed together for the same magazine so I was trying to confirm that. I think I'll try the long magazine and if that don't work out I'll look at hells canyon then the 4 round prc
Yes, I was surprised the fatter Prc cartridges actually fit in them with no mods to the feed lips and that they functioned so well. I picked up a spare Tikka long magazine at Scheels for $35. Works for me!

Mountain tactical wsm mag is my preference, I use it in my 6.5 saum and 7-300 wsm LRI
Here's a pic with a 195 loaded to 3.25"
View attachment 344714
Is this mag built specifically for wsm diameter cases? I have some the mtn tactical long action mags that required a lot of Dremel work to feed lips to get good case head presentation to the bolt for my 300wsm. These were the generic gen2 billet long action units.

Is this mag built specifically for wsm diameter cases? I have some the mtn tactical long action mags that required a lot of Dremel work to feed lips to get good case head presentation to the bolt for my 300wsm. These were the generic gen2 billet long action units.
Yes the new mags are designed for wsms, and they feed perfectly

We currently have one long action left - unfortunately the PRC mags are currently sold out.

Mountain tactical is always a solid option. Mike at HCA makes a great mag, if they're available those are a flawless performer as well.