Tikka mags for saum cases?

Highvoltage

I'm in the process of doing a rebarrel from a standard bolt face to magnum on a tikka. I've tried to find info regarding the feeding of the saum cases. Is there a difference between a 270 magazine and 300 win mag magazine? I'm going to run it in a long action and would like the 6.5 saum cases to feed reliable. I don't have my components yet to try one. Thanks guys for looking.

Here is a place you may not know about. Read what they have improved and compare that with GS costs etc.

Here is another link for tikka parts. The owner is a sponsor on this forum

We have everything you need if you decide to go with new magazines - however, I have found the factory T3x long action magazines to feed WSM & SAUM with no issues.

Some users have had issues with the older t3 long action magazines when trying to feed the SAUM's however somewhere along the way tikka must've changed the inner dimensions because they work just fine now!~

I've been running the 4 round 6.5 PRC magazines for all of the WSM/SAUM/6.5 PRC tikka builds. They feed excellent and provide plenty of room for the heavies (3.070 internal COAL).

I assume the prc mags work with factory bottom metal?
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV

I emailed them, they are going to be awhile before they are in stock. Do those prc mags hang out the bottom or are the flush?
This is a picture I found while researching the Tikka 6.5 prc magazine
I definitely like the idea of 4rds

Attachments

• E2A9CF5F-5750-45D7-8D97-F7EB61FEF885.png
    E2A9CF5F-5750-45D7-8D97-F7EB61FEF885.png
    658.5 KB · Views: 68
I'm in the process of doing a rebarrel from a standard bolt face to magnum on a tikka. I've tried to find info regarding the feeding of the saum cases. Is there a difference between a 270 magazine and 300 win mag magazine? I'm going to run it in a long action and would like the 6.5 saum cases to feed reliable. I don't have my components yet to try one. Thanks guys for looking.
Mountain tactical wsm mag is my preference, I use it in my 6.5 saum and 7-300 wsm LRI
Here's a pic with a 195 loaded to 3.25"
20220224_154358.jpg