Tikka long action?

giphy1.gif

I too have come to love my Tikka's. My first CTR 308 sold me but then I bought a 260 Tikka Forest for a cheap $640 and did some work myself, adding pillars and bedding, upgrading trigger guard, recoil lug and shroud, tweaking the trigger, cheek rest, filing the bolt throw for a longer throw and modifying a 30-06 magazine to use the longer loads. Topped it off with a compact 2.5-10X42 Nightforce and I'd say it's one of the cheapest rifles I have but least expensive is a much better term since my custom loads shoot as well as my several thousand dollar Cooper and several thousand dollar Remington. I bought a barrel off a custom Tikka from a user here so I'm in the market for a Tikka action too. They are hard to find and it seems about as cheap to just buy a used rifle to work with.

I'd love to find a sub $500 Tikka T3 in a WSM caliber and rebarrel it to 6.5 PRC. Maybe even another 6.5 Gap 4S since Tikkas use detachable mags. Would be interesting

I just picked up a 270 wsm for $400 shipped. I only looked for about a week. They are out there. It's getting a lot tougher though to find them since guys are realizing it's a much better option then going the rem 700 route.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts