TIGHTEN PRIMER POCKETS, here's how.

thanks, I have a few pieces that are just now showing loose pockets. I will be deffinately be trying this one

.207" to .208" is what you are looking for.
It is possible to over do it. My first ones went too far and had to ream them out. I guess the rcbs swagger could have helped in that situation.

Post a video if you can, I can't wrap my head around this.
I made a video and am trying to upload it. It's been uploading for about an hour for a 40 sec. clip. I've never uploaded a video to this forum yet, hope it works otherwise I'll have to try again later.

Anyway,
1.put the bolt in the brass.
2. Center the primer pocket over the ball bearing.
3. Strike the head of the bolt
4. measure the inside diameter.

Great idea. I have been using a primer pocket tightening tool available from Midway that cost about $30. The only thing to keep an eye out for is that your loads aren't overpressure, causing the loose primers. If the new brass has sufficient tightness, and after one or two shots you have to retighten the pocket, this may be an indicator. With my 260 loaded at 45gr of powder I would get loose primer pockets after one or two shots, new brass or retightened. No other pressure signs. With 43.7 gr. I can get 8+ loads using the same lot of brass. This same effect occurred with three different brands of brass as well as different lots within the same brand. The reason I stuck with the high pressure load and tried working around this was that the 45gr load consistenly produced sub .25MOA accuracy. Groups opened up with lighter loads.

Right.
These win. 300wm brass were on their 7th firing with 80gr h1000 and 185vld when they reached .210" primer pocket diameter.
For a very short while I was running h4831sc and 185s because I could reach a higher velocity accuracy node but my brass suffered so I went back to the slower h1000 load.