Thread Hi-Jacking: Personal Assaults Becoming Norm?

Its about time to do this with this thread.

6B4D5B3C-2509-4A67-9FA2-155C6654B396.png

You're certainly welcome to your opinion.
IMO its a bit short sided. I've been on this forum for a number of years and have encountered people like "mudrunner". Over time the numbers add up. I also periodically check the ignored list and see the ratio of posts/likes. It's very revealing as to the quality of their posts.
Since you directly/indirectly referenced me....it speaks rather poorly of you. You know nothing about me to make this assertion. Since I don't want to interact with individuals that speak with such vitriol, you assume I'm the problem. My ratio of posts/likes is 1/1.7....this indicates I post quality comments.
The ignore button allows me and others to smoothe out the "rough edges". Probably the reason it's an option built into the forum.
I and presumably nearly all members here welcome diverse discussions. It allows us to learn, consider, and add information. When a lack of civility and name calling starts... I'm out. You could pick any of these 3 terms and start an civil war on this forum: Berger, Hammer, 6.5 Creedmoor.

To illustrate the point... I'm not calling you a bad person or think that you're wrong for not using the ignore function. At the same time you insinuate there's something wrong with me because I do.
I wasn't referencing you indirectly or directly. I'm sorry I led you to think that.
Since you are not supposed to target an individual(s) sometimes posts are generalized. I will work on my post quality content.

Last edited:
I wasn't referencing you indirectly or directly. I'm sorry I led you to think that.
Since you are not supposed to target an individual(s) sometimes posts are generalized. I will work on my post quality content.
It appeared you had made a reference to me because in post #87 I said there were 72 people on my ignored lost. In post #104 you commented about people with 70+ people on their ignored list. This led to my statement.
I'm glad you cleared things up.
Hope we can all start putting our energy towards the upcoming hunting. ✌️

This is my last post in this thread. I thought I was going to post up maybe a thoughtful "I'm done in this thread". Seriously, what on earth could I have thinking? Or maybe drinking? Its obvious "Me Tarzan" is alive and well.

What drives the thought process if I cannot convince you, I will attack you? Why does someone HAVE to have validation of their opinions? If someone is thumping chest and nobody answers, its just an empty meaningless echo. Its like an echo in an empty unpopulated valley. The sound waves disappear into nothingness along with the narcissism. (I prefer DuckDuckGo to look up)

Personally, I will offer data that I have, you don't like it, ok. Think I am crazier than bedbug.? Who cares. Don't like my opinions? I don't give 2 .....'s.

I am secure in my own very old age spotted skin which some probably find gross. Its time for others to do the same IMO.

@xsn10s: very disappointed in your selection of Snickers. Why wasn't it Milky Way? You know its better in every aspect. 😂

And yes, it was a simpler time to just make fun of 6.5 Man Buns. All in good jest.

I hope everyone has a great week and be safe.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!

You are both incorrect, come on, Reeses Cups are way better ( I hope I don't get ignored for not agreeing with either one of you) 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I'm on the side of refraining from ignoring other members - as in using it as a weapon. Never have myself. It seems weak and a possible expression of manipulation and control - both of which I have a strong aversion to. (someone mentioned narcissism) And kind of fits into the whole cancel culture thing. But having said that, for those who don't want to wade through the muck or whose emotional composure is more vulnerable, (not intended as derogatory) maybe it's a way for them to protect themselves from their own proclivity to reactions or from overly negative online behavior from others. I won't criticize the feature or those who really need to use it. It's not my forum. But to publicly advertise you've ignored someone...?? Methinks that raises questions relevent to the burden of this thread.

And I'm glad unwanted posts in an OP's thread cannot be deleted by the OP. From what I've observed along the way, there are those who would abuse that privilege in a big way by advancing personal agenda with no checks. If there are postings that are offensive to the OP, there is a way in place to relate to it.

I've gotten into mud here that I've regretted in retrospect. It's hard for me to refrain from calling out BS when I see it. And there's a lot of it, naturally. I've learned there are some who are incapable of healthy dialogue when called out. Too often being held responsible for irresponsible behavior is labeled as a personal attack. I've tried doing it privately along the way. Most times it's beneficial. But some are not comfortable facing it man-to-man. They feel safer shooting up the place on public forum where they get backslapped and supported with "likes" and supporting posts by others.

That brings up the issue of "likes". I see posters on this thread engaging elsewhere in the same behavior they decry - either directly or by innuendo. And many others here who support it with their "likes". Sometimes we think we are looking out a window, not realizing the window is a mirror. We show our character not only by what we post, but by what we "like" - and don't "like". I didn't go back over all my history, but I'm sure if you were to do so, you'll find ill-advised tags from me somewhere. I want to be more mindful of the message they send, particularly when relating to posts more personal in nature. Integrity means we will evaluate and respond consistently with objections whether the offender be "friend or foe".

It's so easy to get on bandwagons or engage in pack behavior. We must guard against this. Neither is it mature to be offended or reactive to what other people are excited about just because we resent their enthusiasm about some component or subject. If you don't share the excitement, let it go. It often speaks to some personal issue (or worse) when we intentionally seek to undermine it. And for something to think about...when we react to what we think is excessive enthusiasm or over-popularity of a product, we just give it more screen time, and the cycle continues...

Keep in mind, that when someone reacts overly aggressively or self-righteously to being questioned or called out, it can be indicative of guilt. Where there is lack of transparency, questions remain. In my investigative frame of reference, those who scream and kick or get edgy when you get close to the truth are often the ones who will attempt to project their guilt onto others, play the victim card, or feign some kind of virtue (as in feeling compelled to make repeated claims to being something they are not). That's when you know you gotta "check their pockets".

Well, I gotta move on, but let me say this yet: I'm far from a perfect individual myself and will not pretend to be the ultimate standard upon which to measure others. "He's still workin on me to make me what I ought to be...", and I need all of you to be the "iron that sharpeneth iron" in my experience on this forum. The door is open to anyone to address my character and to question something you object to. As I said before, I'm here to benefit. That's not just in shooting/hunting, but in character too. I have already. Anyone with me in this?
We'll said