Thrash a nice wood stock hunting?

This is how my old Model 70 Varmint .223 turned out. I think I paid, like $425 for it. Brux 1/8. Original stock, just refinished in oil. Pillar bedding, trued action, Cerakote, free-floated barrel. Will have a Tract Toric 2-15x44 FFP. https://www.fflscope.com/ffl/988001075d06438/country-custom-metalsmithing-llc

1709691078224.png

Last edited:
In other news, prairie dogs have been placed on the endangered species list 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, this is a young guy who does great work. It's a .223 Wylde, threaded with a cap, and with chambering, refinishing the stock, truing the action, trigger work, jeweling the bolt, and Cerakote on everything it was $1500. Bargain.

Last edited:
Everything I own is a tool. I'm not a collector by any means but that's not to say I don't have a collection. With the progression of lighter components made to help me go further I've migrated away from wood. However, there's something unexplainable about handling an old woody rifle. Looking at all the scratches and nick marks from the years of experience that likely only you will remember. The times you spent with that fine rifle, the things you've been through and the story wood tells. It's very nostalgic. Makes me wanna go dig in the back of the safe and pull one out.

I don't have safe queens, all of my rifles, some costing as much as $10,000 have been hunted with, handed around and used as intended.
I still do not know how to post videos here, but here's some of my wooden stocks.
Would love to have some of your wood & Blue. I used to take out the wood and blue I spent most of the time just admiring them while sitting in the tree stand.
When you save the pic you need to click on orientation. PM us and I will help you out to post PERFECT pics!!!
Len & Jill

Last edited: