Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

I'm not a "prepper". I think maybe I SHOULD be, but I'm not. About 2 to 3 years ago though, I thought I saw gun trouble on the horizon, and actually did "prep" somewhat in that area. Unfortunately, I'm a disabled, poor, old guy, and couldn't prep a lot.

I did manage to buy some powder to hoard, and set myself up to cast bullets for every caliber I shoot. I figured, I can always make black powder in a true SHTF scenario, if I am set up to make bullets. But PRIMERS!! I always knew that was the weak spot for us, and was in the process of trying to stock up on those, when the brown stuff DID hit the fan!! Dam!! Now I have a minimum supply for my calibers, but not enough to go wasting by pleasure and practice shooting. Total bummer, because my daughter is now of shooting age and interested in guns.

I watched some videos where the poster(s) postulated that preppers were stupid to stockpile gun stuff in order to barter in SHTF and TEOLAWKI. Their reasoning was that hunting actually takes very view bullets, so the preppers supplies wouldn't be worth anything.

WRONG!!!

Right now I would GLADLY trade groceries for a few thousand primers!!!!!

;~)

Vettepilot

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.