Thoughts on the Winchester Mod 70's

I am glad to hear so many positive responses for the Winchester. My gunsmith just called me and my break is done. He adjusted the trigger and says there is no more creep and has it set at 3#. I order my new Bell and Carlson stock today. But, now that I ordered the stock I am starting to second guess the stock. Not sure that the gloss blued action and barrel is going to look right with the tan and black spiderwed stock. I guess I'll find out.

I think it will look fine. I have my blued 270wsm Supergrade in a McMillan olive drab and it looks great. Also tightened up my groups to .25 MOA.

Picked up the rifle from the gunsmith this morning and went to the range. New break and reworked trigger. What a difference! I can't believe what a difference it made. This rifle definitely shoots better than I do. Can't wait until I get the new stock and make a decision about new optics.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.