Thoughts On A First Generation Sendero .300 Win Mag.

I have a opportunity to acquire a .300 Win. Mag. Sendero first generation, blued with no flutes or j-lock. This Sendero is in excellent condition, H S Precision stock no palm swell, one owner and less than 100 rnds down the tube.
What is the gun worth?

awesome rifle and round. there is an article in precision shooting back a while , the 7mm mag model was used by the secrect service.

I have purchased and set up several of these. All but one were 300 wins, the other a 7 REM. They all have shot great. Even better after some easily done bedding and trigger work. The average price I paid was $800 a couple just under.

Jeff

Sendero 1st gen are usually great pipes. If you can get it for anywhere near what Broz said, I'd give her a good once over to make sure it isn't boogered up and send some lead with it if it's good to go.

I bought one several years ago. It only has one problem. As long as I keep it clean, it will shoot .5 MOA. After about 15 shots or so the accuracy degrades to over 2 MOA. Run a brush and a few patches through it and it's back to .5 MOA. So I just keep it clean. I am too scared to try J-B bore paste. Afraid I'll loose the accuracy that I do have. Other than that, it is the most accurate rifle, new or used, I have ever bought. I got mine for $500. That is only because they though there was a problem with the rifle. You would pull the trigger and there would be a delay before firing. It ended up being a small amount of rust on the main spring. Cleaned it up and everything went to working like it should.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.