Thought on best optics for this gun??

Elkwonder

I am buying a Ruger SFAR 308 for hog hunting and deer hunting here in Alabama. I am looking for the best glass I can afford, but not looking to over spend if there is not a need to. I am willing to do about $1500 or maybe a touch more. I would love to sneak by at $1k or under if possible. Most of my shots will be in thick stuff, but I would like the capability to reach out to 300 yards as one of the places I hunt has a green field that far. Low light is a top concern.

Some of the options I am considering in price increments are

Trijicon Acupoint 2.5-10 X 56 for around $700

Schmidt and Bender Zenith 2.5-10 X 56 around $1700 definitely top of my budget

Schmidt and Bender Klassic 2.5-10 X 56 around 1200 Hungary assembled
This scope appears to be the best deal thus far, and I am leaning hard towards it even though its assembled in Hungary. I don't think Schmidt and Bender would stand behind them if they were having problems with assembly.

What are the thoughts of this crowd, and are there other options you would recommend? Thanks!!!

Take a peek at NightForce NX8 1-8x24mm I've seen them in the $1600 range. Or... EOTech Vudu 1-8x24mm $1200 Which barrel length do you have 16" or 20"-inch barrel? I'd say the aforementioned are for the 16-inch rifle, but... they would work well for the 20-inch as well. Cheers

1X low end optics would be a perfect fit for everything except the low light. Those 20 and 24 objectives really hurt dusk and dawn compared to 40and up ones.

That accupoint would probably be my first choice for that rifle, for your intended ranges and needing low light performance it would be a good pairing with a sfar.

Vortex 3.5-10 Diamondback. If you want lighted Leupold VX Freedom 3-9, IMO performance wise for what you are doing there is absolutely no need to spend anymore money. Hold zero and more than adequate light gathering. If you wanted a very high performer Leupold VX5 3.5-10.

I really like a 1-8, but I agree with @comfisherman on the sacrifice of light gathering. I keep switching things up on my SR. I am very partial to the Firedot reticle for the thick stuff in low light. It just naturally draws my focus for possible quick target acquisition.

I am buying a Ruger SFAR 308 for hog hunting and deer hunting here in Alabama. I am looking for the best glass I can afford, but not looking to over spend if there is not a need to. I am willing to do about $1500 or maybe a touch more. I would love to sneak by at $1k or under if possible. Most of my shots will be in thick stuff, but I would like the capability to reach out to 300 yards as one of the places I hunt has a green field that far. Low light is a top concern.

Some of the options I am considering in price increments are

Trijicon Acupoint 2.5-10 X 56 for around $700

Schmidt and Bender Zenith 2.5-10 X 56 around $1700 definitely top of my budget

Schmidt and Bender Klassic 2.5-10 X 56 around 1200 Hungary assembled
This scope appears to be the best deal thus far, and I am leaning hard towards it even though its assembled in Hungary. I don't think Schmidt and Bender would stand behind them if they were having problems with assembly.

What are the thoughts of this crowd, and are there other options you would recommend? Thanks!!!

The Leupold 2.5-10 x 42 with Firedot is a great scope and plenty for 300 yards.
$899.99 at Midway right now on sale!