This idea

But, the 1 I worked on was in a WOOD stock! Aluminum bedding blocks in B&C don't compress. WOOD does... 95-97% of the Timney triggers I install are a 'zero problem' installation, and I install a lot of aftermarket triggers! You can almost count on having to cut a relief for the bottom bolt release, so it doesn't rub, on those rifle systems the have a bottom bolt release as part of the trigger.
I bought a Vanguard series 2 6.5C last year and added a Timney after putting the rifle in a Bell&Carlson stock. Dropped in fine, been shooting it problem free for a year.
t

Last edited:
I dont know about the trigger you were working on but I can tell you young engineers are a PIMA. Im a millwright fabricator by trade and young engineers think if they draw it well its gotta work. I tell them all the time I can draw Dynamite but I dont care what you do to the fuse it isnt going to go boom...

Sucks you wasted two hours for nothing sounds like gun owner was less than happy... Hope he doesnt complain about accuracy now...

I installed a Timney trigger on my Model 70 and the safety would not work. Put the factory trigger back on and it worked fine. I took the rifle and trigger to my gunsmith and had him install it. He told me one out of ten model 70's might be a problem. It is good to have a professional around to do the job right. I just don't understand why the customer did not offer to pay you for your time.

Last edited: