Fireform barrel idea

Try a duplex load, something like red dot then trail boss, you get the pressure but you burn of the fill media.
Duplex scare me to death. I love to play mad scientist but only if know the variables. Duplex are a whole nuther level

Still alive.
Tried 5g with a rod slid into the "device". It sends it up 11'6" for sure, guessing higher if the shop ceiling wasn't there :)
Just needs to be heavier to keep from launching

You done passed any of our levels of experience here so now it's all just guessing...so I'll throw out the idea of a foam ear plug instead of COW since you seem to hate it so bad. It would build pressure but still pass like a kidney stone...just throwing that out there

You done passed any of our levels of experience here so now it's all just guessing...so I'll throw out the idea of a foam ear plug instead of COW since you seem to hate it so bad. It would build pressure but still pass like a kidney stone...just throwing that out there
I love the ear plug idea! I'll give it a try tomorrow. Gotta cerakote a rifle first, but then I'll play with the "device" again

Mram10us...
Where in idaho are you.....like to know time and date just in case I hear a big boom....
Maybe you will make tv......emergency......................
Then again...maybe you will make believers............just remember us po' fOk.....

How about a barrel with no hole at the muzzle at all ?
Start with just a primer and see how much pressure you get.
Add very small amount of fast powder and work your way up
I have had plugged barrels while testing and the cartridge wouldn't go off. Just the primer. Either, God's hand protecting me :) or it needs room to expand ....

Sorry O.P glad You got your deal settled, and I know this is not on topic but has been touched on many times here.

You can legally build and own a SBR and suppressor, you just have to fill out a Form 1 with the ATF. I wanted to build my own suppressor, bingo found this out. Selling and transferring not gonna happen legally, I don't think.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.