They got me now!

I assume you paid for two then? Is that legal in that state? If so, ok I guess. But covering it up and pretending like it didn't happen isn't cool. Integrity isn't your strong suit. That's videography for you.
??? He did what the guide told him to do. Whatever they worked out for payment as a private ranch guided hunt is between them and does not need my approval. There are reasons other than lack of integrity to clean the little guy off the vid if that's what they did. And I'm not even on Hammertime 🤠

Last edited:
I assume you paid for two then? Is that legal in that state? If so, ok I guess. But covering it up and pretending like it didn't happen isn't cool. Integrity isn't your strong suit. That's videography for you.
Aoudad are considered exotics in Texas and are not regulated by game laws. You can kill and many as you can afford (as most are on private ranches) with any weapon 24/7/365.

Posting a private message isn't slander. Slander is a statement meant to damage one's reputation. Posting a private message on a public forum kind of does the opposite. And starting a whole new topic is adding to the crap show, so if the plan is to minimize it, why start ANOTHER thread.

Sometimes you have to rise above it and not throw mud. You and I are both working on that sometimes still! 😜
It's just that it wasn't a simple PM. It was a threat (or worse) to go full public as well as reporting to the authorities. I think Steve did the right thing to be open and clear about it before the issue burned a hole to China. Who knows what they'da dun wid it. Probably started another virus. 😎

Yeah, this is what ya gotta keep tellin yerself when that heart shifts into freak mode...

Dear heart stop getting emotional.jpg

Maybe explain on the video what actually occurred and don't act like it didn't happen. Or not post the video at all. But then again, that doesn't make good TV.
We didn't know it had happened until after the film shooting was done. We discovered it when we were in the process of loading the ram in the buggy. It was an oh no moment. The outfitter said it could technically count for another ram in fees but that it wasn't any ones fault and chalked it up to sometimes things happen. Had I been trivial or uncaring about the incident, then he may very have charged for another audad. I don't have anything to do with the filming or editing. None of us that were there new it was in the video. The editing company probably didn't know what they were seeing. The episode of Giving Back TV was released a year or so ago. I have never watched it. The end of the show is an interview with me in dedication to my late son and the effects of suicide and those left behind. I have the episode on my phone, I just can't get myself to watch it. The final version was looked at after editing and they didn't catch the mishap.

Now here we are a year and a half later and the Hammer hater/basement dwellers with nothing else to do but try to find something to get Hammer Bullets with found this. So, in the last couple of weeks this peanut gallery of keyboard jockeys have tried to align me with anti hunting groups because I care for the environment and now, after they made themselves look like the trashiest hunters ever, in their attempt to peg me as an anti-hunter, they are trying to make me out as some trash hunter.

From the tone of your post it is pretty clear where you are in this mess. Carry on, you're doing great!

Here is a PM that I just received this morning.

Hey its time come clean with the public the you took a bad shot and killed a baby Aoudad in Texas, you stopped recording to go remove the dead baby and cover up your **** up. Be ******* and post in public you f'd up. I will post this video of you taking a unethical shot and killing a baby on every forum and group till you publicly admit and apologize for killing a baby with a bad shot and trying to cover it.

Here is an email that I received this morning. Assuming from the same guy or group that attacks me here often.

You are a disgrace to hunting
Posting a video of you shooting an animal and not having a clear backdrop and killing the young of the same herd. What a piece of ****. I hope your company tanks.

Learn some ethics.

I've already send the video to the authorities even though you pulled the video offline. Screen record *******

I truly home karma gets you back and your sales tank

Sincerely,
A real hunter.

From this email address: Austin Jordan <[email protected]>

Here is my response to the email.

Good morning Austin,

I am sorry you are so worked up. I will try and give you some clarity. This was a guided hunt on a private ranch in TX. There were multiple spotters present for the shot and none of them saw the second animal. Had any of us seen it, particularly me (the shooter), the shot would not have been taken. It was a very unfortunate mistake that all of us wished had not happened.

To my knowledge that episode of Giving Back TV is still up for viewing. I hope you have a better rest of your day.

Steve Davis
Hammer Bullets
406-261-0010

I figured I would save @Zorack the trouble of tattling on me.
I hope no birds choke on the bullet

I get too irritated reading every post so forgive me if I repeat things already mentioned….Aoudad are an exotic in our state. You can kill as many as you want, any time of year, day or night. We don't treat them any different from hogs on our lease. They are a nuisance. Tell that clown to PM me and I'll show him or her or it some pics that will give them a coronary.

Recent Posts