Got me a new venison hauler!

I've always had Polaris quads. Honda definitely makes legendary equipment. Many built way back in the early 80s from Big Reds to the Fourtrax are still going strong. I opted for Polaris back in the early 90s only because they were the only quads offered in the two stroke. Having motocross bikes most of my life and snowmobiles, two strokes always outperformed four strokes. What I didn't consider was the fuel/oil mix for a hunting vehicle made my decision a poor one. It did hook me on the Polaris quads tho. I've been more than happy with them enough so to stick to them when I decided to purchase a SxS. I think they all make very good utility vehicles with alot of power/engine/chassis options. Polaris needs to take a page out of a few other manufacturers books when it comes to what tires they mount on the units. It's a weakness on Polaris UTVs.

Oh man, you're gonna love the Pioneer! We have the 500 side by side and it performs like a champ. cheers

I call it "The Show Stopper", if you ever see one rocking in a gunfight you'll know why!
My SGT. and good friend ran one when he was a Combat Engineer in Fallujah 2003, and also 2005 with the 130th Engineer Brigade, showed me some videos and told me about it....certainly lives up to that name for sure!!

I have that same unit and it is a tank. Only defect I have found with it is that on a really dusty day mine covers me up in dust coming up through the floor area between the seats.

I have the 1000CC model of this rig. Not sure what size this one is. I could not be more happy with mine after 3 years of ownership. This rig will go anywhere I dare to take it. I had the issue with the dust rolling in from behind. I put an aftermarket wind screen on it, and it cut the dust way down. It simply rolls up and down. Great choice. The Hondas are the bomb. I have been left stranded on multiple trips by machines with belts. This one is all mechanical gears, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Enjoy it.

i never really understood the sxs's, unless they were "50in or under" -- they cost as much or more than a jeep, arent street legal in most states, and don't get you anywhere a 4x4 jeep cant take you--payload is usually around 300 pound box capacity, and 90 pound total for those 4 door models --I know they can be overloaded, but hauling an elk would still take more than 1 trip if you stuck to the rated capacity, unless you had a trailer (as they are rated to about 1500 pound towing capacity)

they look like a blast and I'd love to play in one for a while, but for "50" and under trails" they arent legal-unless you have the narrow 1 or 2 seater models , and for over 50" trails I'd prefer an old jeep with option of fully enclosed cab and A/C and heat if I wanted it

I like the idea of the sxs's under 50" IF they had more seating/hauling capacity, but then there is the cost thing too--I'll stick with my ATV or jeep

I guess it really depends on the trails and regulations in your hunting area though

my (going strong) 1992 honda trx300 2wd gets me most places I want to go, I also have a 2005 4x4 rancher that is much better in the snow than the 2wd--- atv's (and most likely sxs's) are easier to winch out than a full size jeep though when you get in over your head

CoHunt- We use ours on the deer lease, and intend to use it in places where there is no vehicle width restrictions. I know Jeeps can go lots of places, but I doubt they can go every where my side by side can when in 4x4 differential lock mode.

CoHunt- We use ours on the deer lease, and intend to use it in places where there is no vehicle width restrictions. I know Jeeps can go lots of places, but I doubt they can go every where my side by side can when in 4x4 differential lock mode.
well, wide open-- with no restrictions then it might be the way to go---really depends on the set up of the jeep though-- I've seen jeeps go some pretty amazing places -- sky is the limit on a jeep though-- you can get into an old stock one for $5000+---- but you can easily spend $50,000+ if you want all the doo-dads too though ---- want to get crazy with the "go anywhere" ability of your sxs--- then add a aftermarket track kit, seen s few of those in the field and they will darn near go anywhere in any condition --- then again , they have them for jeeps trucks and atv's too

1591107193469.png1591107206174.png1591107279128.png1591107290867.png1591107303141.png1591107467295.png

You'll love it. Nothing not to love. I love my Polaris Ranger and made the right decision in buying it. So many to pick from it's tough. Almost bought the Kawasaki Teryx but decided on the Ranger. Seems it's all you see on the country roads and two tracks anymore. Quads are definitely the minority.

Nice! I love my Pioneer. My wife and I have 2500 miles on it with no problems. we bought the 500 as it is under 50" and fits in the back of a pick-up. And it has hauled an elk out countless deer and an antelope.

I have a Pioneer 1000 and we love it. Much more manuverable and faster than a Jeep through the woods in the south.

I have had it since Sept of 16, has over well 3000 trouble free miles. There isn't many day's that go by it doesn't get used for something by myself or the wife even if it's just a quick ride with the kids in the evening.

You will love it. I would add a satv flip up windshield and roof. I ran the factory tires till just recently and got a set of maxxis carnivores, I definitely like them better than the bighorns that came on it. I'm running 28x10x14s on stock deluxe wheels no lift or spacers, no rubbing. Drives, rides, pulls much better.

YZ-80. Congratulations. Very nice machine. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment and have a lot of fun with it. Be safe

Not only do they haul venison, they also haul bacon! Had my 500 since Dec 15. It's a tank. Even knocked the oil plug out on a rock in 2016 and drove it for over a mile before she stalled out going up a hill. Went into town, bought a new oil plug and 3 qts of oil. Added it and haven't had a single issue in over 1000 miles from when that happened. Next on my list is a 1000, but have to have kids first!
DD598886-AEB9-423E-8F4A-466DB18154A6.jpeg
9F2B4F21-D303-4F4C-B490-EE6269D8C137.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.