They finally did it!! 6.5 cal 155 grain Berger Elite Hunter!!!

just don't understand the idea of wasting time messing around with the puny creed case and the 155 gr bullet, is this some sort of subsonic attempt with a suppressor ?

lot's of superior SAAMI cartridges readily available if not wanting to run with a wildcat

Because alot of people already have a 6.5 creed, and loaded properly the 155 should give superior long range ballistics.

Last I heard, December-January is when Berger will be shipping them put to dealers. This was from the Extreme store.

Don't be like that. What are you going to push it with?
I'm still gonna put them through my 8 twist .260 AI, but I live at 6600 ft....and were thinking 6.5 SS on a Ruger M77 long action, or possibly a Savage short action. Or I might get a savage long action and build a standard 6.5 Sherman. I shoot alot, so I don't want too bad of a barrel burner like a 26 nosler or 6.5 WBY. Though that wpuld be awesome ha ha

Don't be like that. What are you going to push it with?

I built my 260 AI with a 7.5 thinking that this would probably happen. I have not seen the dimensions yet. Hopefully it is a hybrid design with extra voodoo that leaves some case capacity. I have extra mag length room with the 140s so we'll see.

Tagging in. I ordered a 1:7 barrel a while back just to be prepared.

Thinking of building:
6.5x284
-or-
6.5 SAUM or 6.5 PRC

Need someone else to test them in the SAUM/PRC variants. Thinking a "medium" action might be needed (someone with greater than 3" COAL).

Heavy 6.5's keep coming out: 147 Hornady, 150 Sierra, 155 Berger.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.