New Berger .270 cal 170 grain EOL Elite Hunter !

I'll tell you what, next time I re-barrel one of my rifles and I think about twist rate you guys will be on my mind. Pushing weapon and ammo design out of the "30-06" era is more than enough reason for me to shut my mouth and thank you for making the investment in our future. With all the info on sites like this trying to find something that will even work for my gear can be challenging. Whether or not my original thought was valid there is a great big wide world out there full of stuff to shoot at, so if you don't mind.
StabHappy,
No offense take at all man. Any time we can be of help please contact us! And take a look at our website! We have some tools and articles there that can help you with decisions and to clear up some of the misconceptions that are out there. The APPLIED BALLISTICS website is another great source of information also as Bryan Litz is also our ballistician.

If and when they do come out with one hopefully I'll be close to needing a new barrel. 235-240gr .750-.775 B.C at 3100FPS would be sweet!!! One can only hope!

I'll tell you what, next time I re-barrel one of my rifles and I think about twist rate you guys will be on my mind. Pushing weapon and ammo design out of the "30-06" era is more than enough reason for me to shut my mouth and thank you for making the investment in our future. With all the info on sites like this trying to find something that will even work for my gear can be challenging. Whether or not my original thought was valid there is a great big wide world out there full of stuff to shoot at, so if you don't mind.

What's awesome to me with bullets like the 170 EOL or the 215 Hybrid is they bring new life to old favorites like the 270 and 30-06, we just need to twist them up a little to make it all happy, happy, happy :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts