berger elite hunter vld 6.5 140gr

mcharger440

I just wanted to inform all who may read this I just bought a box of these because my usual smk's were gone...i will never look at another smk again these are the single most accurate bullet I have ever seen. I fired two 4 shoot groups at 715yds I not only hit the target bit there were 4 bullets inside of an inch and a half...1.5 inches I thought to myself surly this was just a fluke so I did it again,and I really did do it again 1.5 inches absolutely incredible 6.5 Creedmoor 27" 1:8 shilen barrel on mauser action going 2700fps Way impressed

wow That's cool. I feel the same way about the 215 Target Hybrids in my 300 win. Best groups ever at 1000 and they are the norm, not just a once in a while deal.

This is good to hear as we are putting a 6.5 together now.

Jeff

OK guys - your saying 140 gr 6.5 elite "hunting bullet" correct.
I was not aware they were yet available, in fact I just went to Bergers website and I don't see them at all.

Been testing the 140 gr hybrid target bullet but my initial test yesterday didn't go as I had hoped - not convinced this little target bullet is going to have the fragmentation needed to do what we had hoped on game.

So - if this is the hunting version can to steer me to where I can get some, and to your knowledge does berger have a 140 hybrid "hunting bullet" out. These target hybrid shoot extremely well but if a hunting version is available we'll have a couple boxes of hybrid target available for trade material.

Thanks guys.

ok I don't know the differance between elite hunter and target I have never shot the target rounds but I may be interested. One thing you may try I set my bullet .05 off the rifling I've heard they like to kiss the rifling just make sure to back the load off I shoot 41.0 re17 behind them running 2700 fps...im not the greatest shot but these bullets make me shoot better I'd buy your targets if you don't want to mess with them p.s.the hunters are in the orange box

I can buy them in two stores within Oklahoma city gene sears shooting supply and heartland outdoors both have them in stock and both have websites

I can buy them in two stores within Oklahoma city gene sears shooting supply and heartland outdoors both have them in stock and both have websites

mccharger:
Thanks for the info. I will get on their web sites and see what I can find out.

As far as being a little bit confused between how Berger is making/marketing different styles of bullets, (hunting, target, tactical, hybrid, VLD, elite etc) don't feel bad you are not alone. With the different configurations of bullets that berger is making between their hunting, target, tactical and then throw in the VLD, hybrid, and elite series I just hope that Berger can keep up and not end up trying to be all things to all people.

I do know that it has got to the point where I don't have the wife stop and pick me up any Berger bullets when she is in town - most of the retail sales people know less than me - and I don't know much.

If you get a chance - could you look at a box of "elite" bullets that you are using and give me the product code number that should be on the box.

Sure appreciate your time. Have a good day.

that is the regular VLD hunting bullet. They do not have a 140 elite hunter or classic hunter like the 168 7mm bullets yet

product number is 26504

mccharger:
From what I have been able to figure out, the 26504 bullet you are using is Berger's standard VLD hunting bullet. If you are getting those kind of results I see no reason in the world for you to change a thing. We have had nothing but a positive experience with that bullet in other calibers/weights and I would see no reason you should not see the same.

I am probably over thinking again but my son picked up a 6.5X284 factory savage in a 111 LRH and I just thought going with the hybrid design we may get to where we want to be without having to play with varying the OAL by using the hybrid design. We got the accuracy with the hybrid within a handfull of rounds but now we have to convince ourselves that they will expand/fragment the way we need before we send them at some animal.

Thanks for your time and I hope you can repeat those results every day - that gun/combination is a shooter.

gerryb: You type faster than me.

your right I have elite in 338 not 6.5 I went all cixelsid on you eather way hats off to Berger hope they get inventory up cause I'm not shooting anything else...why waste the powder.
b.t.w. cixelsid
is dislexic backwards

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.