There’s something about a .308 Win and 168 SMKs

Here it is as configured. I've considered dropping it into a KRG Bravo chassis. But with groups like these I'm thinking that may be unnecessary.
IMG_4531.jpeg

I picked up a Rem 700 special purpose police in .308 years ago and set it up for my Nephew who was in the Army sniper program. It's a 26" heavy barrel and it shoots the factory Black Hills 168 smk in one hole! Stupid accurate out to about 850 yards and seems to fall off after that. I bought 200 round of the Black Hills and still have a few. I will load when we run out, anyone know what powder Black Hills uses in that factory round? My guess is Varget. Nice shooting FireFlyFishing! Jason
For sure. That makes me want to call Abbey and order a case of BHG. Good ammo, loved that girl. Still have 3 boxes just for OT.

I had two of the PSS 5R Green and SS rifles in .308. I sold one on here cause it was just sitting and I wanted to make room for some full custom rifles. The other one would shoot the 168's very well. Still have it, but I did some garage gunsmithing on it 20" barrel, bedded, Mark4,arca rail, swivel cups.
I also had a M24, that had ~6k rds on it. Would no longer shoot 1 MOA. Had it rebarreled, same profile but 1:10 twist. Shoots the 169 and 177 lights out. 177 all the way to 1100.

I shot this group today with my Tikka 20" CTR. This is the first time I've taken it out to some distance. I think this is a keeper load. It's about a 3.5" group at 600 hundo!
View attachment 564910
WTG! I agree; it's a keeper. My .308 Win is an AR-10, but I have not loaded for it or stretched beyond 200Y. I do not expect accuracy like yours, but it would still be fun to ring some steel at a distance.
AR-10 .308 Win.jpg

I tried the tipped game kings and they didn't work in my rifle with varget. Perhaps with a different powder they would work for me.

The 169 SMK work almost as good as the 168s but not quite. I'd buy more of them if I could find them anywhere.

Absolutely couldn't group anything with the 168 ABLR. I think the 1:11 twist isn't the best for the longer bullets.
Try the ABLR close to the lands. I chased precision with them following internet lore with them seated .050-.100" off the lands and had nothing but frustration. When fireforming for an improved cartridge I seated them to the lands and got one hole groups.

I should've added the bullet is Tipped SMK 168 and Federal GM primer, set just short of mag length. Varget shoots well also and I'm experimenting with CFE223 but haven't had great results accuracy wise. It shoots under an inch all day but I want it to be as good as my other loads which it ain't, yet.

168gr SMK's and Nosler CC's have about the same bullet profile. Easy to tune and are accurate, at least in my rifle. 1120 yards in my PSS. My family bought me the PSS and a return gift when I returned from the Army in 1991. 308 Win has started a lot of people in the LR game.
1713619135363.jpeg

Try the ABLR close to the lands. I chased precision with them following internet lore with them seated .050-.100" off the lands and had nothing but frustration. When fireforming for an improved cartridge I seated them to the lands and got one hole groups.
Alas, I'd have to go single shot with them because of mag length. Mag length was about 20 thou off the lands.
I have a 300 WSM that's dying to eat them up though! So all is not lost.