There’s something about a .308 Win and 168 SMKs

I guess I'll have to hunt down some 175 tmk's. I've always preferred the 165-168 for my 308's since mine are 16 and 20 inch barrels, but I want a bullet that's well suited to effective terminal performance and shooting at distance.

The 168eldm seems to do well for most people but I haven't shot enough of them at distance. I have stretched the 168 amax to 800 several times out of my gassers and it's done well. And hornady still offers that bullet.

I guess I'll have to hunt down some 175 tmk's. I've always preferred the 165-168 for my 308's since mine are 16 and 20 inch barrels, but I want a bullet that's well suited to effective terminal performance and shooting at distance.

The 168eldm seems to do well for most people but I haven't shot enough of them at distance. I have stretched the 168 amax to 800 several times out of my gassers and it's done well. And hornady still offers that bullet.
The 168 ELDM have worked well for me out passed 600 yards. I haven't used them for any game yet but imo their better suited for expansion at further distances due to their lighter construction. They can get "splashy" at impact velocities around 2600 fps. But with shorter barrels your MV is probably at 2600 fps or lower so the ELDM's would be better suited for those rifles.

These shoot well and the brass is good quality for reloading