THEE only gun you'd never part with

20221026_212624.jpg

From top to bottom are 4 guns that will never be sold.

US Firearms Manufacturing Colt Clone in antique finish

S&W Model 21 44 Special

S&W Model 29 "Mountain Gun" with a tapered barrel 44 mag

And the 3 screw blackhawk in 357 mag

As far as rifles go, my .35 Whelen remington 700 classic will never be parted. It might get a new barrel and stock in the future but I'll always have a 35 whelen in my stable.

20221108_151739.jpg

A single hot 12 guage that my grandfather ( who died before I was born) bought in 1908 for my oldest uncle ( one of 11 brothers and sisters my dad had). They lived on a farm in north Florida and my uncle was tasked with providing meat for the family with that shotgun. My dad being the youngest ended up with it and left it to me. It's a single shot with a 36" barrel and full choke. Won so many turkeys at turkey shoots with it that I feel guilty! It has nothing stamped on it except " Long Tom 101". Anyone familiar with what that means?

A single hot 12 guage that my grandfather ( who died before I was born) bought in 1908 for my oldest uncle ( one of 11 brothers and sisters my dad had). They lived on a farm in north Florida and my uncle was tasked with providing meat for the family with that shotgun. My dad being the youngest ended up with it and left it to me. It's a single shot with a 36" barrel and full choke. Won so many turkeys at turkey shoots with it that I feel guilty! It has nothing stamped on it except " Long Tom 101". Anyone familiar with what that means?

I heard the term Long Tom from my grandfather and a couple of uncles much of my youth. I always just assumed that it was a brand, now long forgotten, brand of shotgun! Maybe produced regionally….as I grew up in South-Central Louisiana. Can't say I've ever seen one! memtb

TheBobCat....dang it man! You have had me thinking about this one for days.
I have several family heirlooms that I will never part with but if I had to run out the door with only 1 firearm and never return, I'm taking an AR-15. If I was forced to live at home the rest of my days with only 1 firearm it would be a Glock.

I have 3 forever firearms:
Savage 110C .270Win first deer rifle I bought. Still going strong with ER Shaw new barrel from Midway.

Winchester 30/30 (1952), my dad's that is now in my son's gun safe.

Savage 750C humpback that was my Uncle's that first took me deer hunting.
Refinished one of the savage humpbacks couple of years ago for a friend. Thing kicked like a angry mule!

Recent Posts