The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

I wonder if these would be good for hunting?
;)
Post #7 haha
A friend just bought some to try to get a 6mm bullet that wouldn't destroy coyotes he shot two coyotes this week had to shoot one three times to keep him down the other one got away all three bullets jus penciled through he also shot a crow at 200 yards it flew a 100 yards before it fell don't believe I would use
Them for any thing other than targets. David

A friend just bought some to try to get a 6mm bullet that wouldn't destroy coyotes he shot two coyotes this week had to shoot one three times to keep him down the other one got away all three bullets jus penciled through he also shot a crow at 200 yards it flew a 100 yards before it fell don't believe I would use
Them for any thing other than targets. David

Give me a break! If you're friend shot a freakin crow with a 110gr 6mm bullet and it flew 100yds before dieing, I don't give a rats *** WHAT the bullet construction is, that is either a complete BS story, or he barely nicked the **** thing.

The whole having to shoot a coyote three times to put it down, pretty much had my BS meter pegged, but the crow story completely blew it up.

Give me a break! If you're friend shot a freakin crow with a 110gr 6mm bullet and it flew 100yds before dieing, I don't give a rats *** WHAT the bullet construction is, that is either a complete BS story, or he barely nicked the **** thing.

The whole having to shoot a coyote three times to put it down, pretty much had my BS meter pegged, but the crow story completely blew it up.
AMEN

Exactly. I shoot crows with 20gr FMJ in 17hmr... and its a bloodbath out there.

Thats like a Taliban getting shot by a 30mm bullet FMJ. Sorry you still got a 30mm hole in your body you are not going anywhere

I'm not prone to stretch things told it like I told it and this guy had killed more running coyotes than I'm sure you have standing on the end of your barrel and yes I also shot a crow with a 300 whisper one time and had to go step on it to kill it so your bs meter needs to be taken in and recalibrated because you don't know what you are talking about unless you just like wounding things to see them suffer get off your high horse and back on your stick pony. David

I've saw some peculiar things happen. I've saw coyotes take 85 grain ballistic tips from a 25-06 and go a little bit before dying. Saw some coyotes drt with big exit wounds the same bullet & gun.

Dont know why you cant believe the coyote story. About 30 years ago when the Barnes bullets first came out a buddy and I shot a deer 7 times before it ran over the hill and died him 3 with his 270 Weatherby and me 4 times with my 280. We both thought we were missing couldn't figure it out, when we skinned it out there were 7 little pencil size holes all the way through.

You are right they don't have any quit in them till they just can't go any more a pencil hole is like shooting deer with a field tip if you don't have any shock value or cutting not saying they won't die but how long does it take sometime miles and days. David

I quit shooting coyotes with my 22-250 because they wouldn't stay down when running straight away from you and would have to shoot them again my friend is trying to get a fur friendly bullet and I suggested the a tip because on long range pursuit they shot an antelope and had maybe 2 inch exit but evidently coyote doesn't have enough body mass for reliable expansion. David

Dont know why you cant believe the coyote story. About 30 years ago when the Barnes bullets first came out a buddy and I shot a deer 7 times before it ran over the hill and died him 3 with his 270 Weatherby and me 4 times with my 280. We both thought we were missing couldn't figure it out, when we skinned it out there were 7 little pencil size holes all the way through.
My Son shot a White tail buck when he was about 11 years old he was in a shooting house hunting by himself with a 25-06 & 80gr Barnes @ aprx 3500fps mv. Shot a buck thru the lungs & dropped it but it was still twitching, laying at an angle with it's back to my son and rear legs farthest away. He put two more shots in the bucks back center of his shoulders. When I got over there, I noticed those last two bullets went clean thru the bucks back out of it's belly at an angle and one bullet completely severed one rear legs shin bone and the last bullet completely severed the other rear shin bone. From the looks of the wounds it appeared that there was very little expansion.

Anyone heard or seen anything on the 390 grain .375 A-tips? Think I read that some folks are getting the .416 cal in.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.