the joy of hunting

elkhunting

lightbulbI was just thinking of elk hunting and how i turned down a small bull opening week end and ended up not geting my elk this year .Well it tought me somthing i had the time to watch a bull at 35 yards for 30 min and enjoy the time. not maney peopel get the chance .and also the thout that eaney elk taken is a prize to treashur.

I here ya brother. I have had many hunting trips where it was just relaxing or really fun due to company while groundhog hunting or small game hunting. One day I had taken my boy with me. I was set up in the field with my rifle, and he was chasing butterflies with his Red Rider BB gun and trying to shoot grasshopper's. It was awesome. Then there are the many trips to the fields with my cousin just solving the worlds problems one topic at a time. We do some shooting, but groundhog hunting around here gives you plenty of time to contemplate life's issues!:D

I had more time than money. I passed about 18 bulls in the last 3 seasons. Then this year a friend[or enemy ] told me of a booner.Put the season in on him.Probably saw one of his sons,320-330, I wanted to see other side of his rack,second time I eyed the right. Had 2 shot opertunities,waited one second too long.Track soup.Passed a 5x5 bull 10 minutes later.Ate my tag,hope he is bigger next year, and survived the wolfs.That is the price of trophy hunting,which now is in a down market

ya i have some very nice horns on the wall .but thay arnt very good to eat lol. also if we dont get more of the wolves killed we wont have eany elk left. thay are also killing the black bears off as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.