Wyoming passes the use of suppressors for hunting

Just my guess, but...since getting a license to own a suppressor is a FEDERAL deal, there should be no law forbiding you from crossing state lines with it. It isn't illigal to OWN one anywhere as long as you have the proper federal paperwork in order...just not legal in some states for certain uses...like hunting. You can have it, just not USE it. Unlike a concealed carry permit, which is state issued.

My question.....do you need to have the serial number of the can/ gun or cobination of both for your initial paperwork for the license, or can I just apply for the paperwork? What I mean is.....can I apply for the stamp before I purchase the suppressor? Just get the paperwork started, and AFTER I get the pirmit simply purchase what I want????

More questions......do I need a permit for EACH supressor, or does one license cover multiple units? How about transfering the unit from gun to gun...can I get ONE unit fit to multiple guns?

sorry we are getting off topic...sorta...but they allow suppressor use up here in ND also....kinda curious!!:D

Only the SN of the can is required to fill out the form 4. Not the rifle, but the can must be identified by serial number before the form 4 is sent forward.

Yes, you have to obtain an approved form 4 for each NFA item. Which also means that you have to pay for the $200 tax stamp for each item.

Yes, one unit can be used on multiple guns. I use my 30 cal suppressor on my 6.5 Grendel and my 300 WM right now.

The thing that really sucks about the form 4 is that once you send in the application and the $200 dollars you'll see your check go through within a couple days of sending it out, however it still takes 6 months to get the form 4 back with the stamp.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.