Suppressors

Waiting on the stamp. Another month or two to go...Gov't shutdown depending. Then I will be! gun)

Tim. that 243ai will be a fun fur getter with a suppressor on it. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you with the dogs.

I've got a lighter .243AI that my son, Ben, built for me for his high school senior project that will likely get the nod for coyotes this season. I can't wait. :)

I run a surefire FA7.62 on my 260. It makes shooting pleasurable, especially if the others shooting with you have suppressors. We can legally hunt with them in NC now, so that's another plus. In my opinion, well worth the wait and money.

Suppressors are the best , I run the YHM phantom an silencerco osprey and a few from Huntertown Arms . If your serious about getting one find a dealer that will let you demo one and compare them to others .

I run a suppressor on my 243,260 and 308.
The good: much more pleasent to shoot in general. once you shoot with one you feel stupid shooting without it. Its like running your car without a muffler.
Animals cant tell where the shot came from. they often run towards you.
The bad: The weight and added length. My 243 and 260 have 26" barrels add 9" of suppressor makes them pretty awkward. my 308 has a 20" barrel wish I had gone 18". Get a titamium one if you can swing it. When I know I am going to be hiking a long ways I leave it off due to the weight.

The bad: The weight and added length. My 243 and 260 have 26" barrels add 9" of suppressor makes them pretty awkward. my 308 has a 20" barrel wish I had gone 18". Get a titamium one if you can swing it. When I know I am going to be hiking a long ways I leave it off due to the weight.

+1.

The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a suppressor is the fact that ALL of the guns that I would use it on all wear 30" tubes.

I just can't see cutting 6 - 8 inches off of any one of them!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.