The Compact Laser Rangefinder with Ballistic Calculator

BRAUN

Greetings!

I am working on european start-up venture developing compact, weapon mountable, Laser rangefinder equipped ballistic calculator for long range shooting.

I am posting here to get some feedback to our concept. We are interested in the utility of such device, the acceptable price range for such product, operational distance requirements, accuracy requirements, target size requirements. Which would be the key features that the shooter would need from such device? Which user interfaces are preferred? All feedback, comments, ideas and recommendations are welcome

The idea is to combine the benefits of the laser rangefinder, the ballistic calculator and weather sensors into one compact device that could be mounted directly to weapon.

The device would have relatively small, overall dimensions approx. 35x70x150mm (1.18x2.75x5.90in). The device could be mounted on the weapon by using picatinny/weaver rail and or by custom mount. The device would consist of the laser rangefinder module capable measuring distances up to 1500m (1650 yards) and embedded microcontroller based ballistic calculator, display and keypad. The device would display the measured distance and horizontal and vertical corrections (clicks/MOA/MRAD/in/cm) based on the weather data and ballistic information of current round.

I'm against mounting anything to.my rifle as it increases my chances of hanging it up on something. all of the features sound good, but how does it differ from the current offerings from g7 and silencer Co

For hunting, I would mich prefer the flexibility of having my rangefinder(a G7) indeprendant of the rifle. Moving game, use by a spotter, or just getting a range while glassing would be very awkward if the RF was attached to the rifle. As far as features, the G7's programming is currently the commercially available standard. IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.