Rangefinder with Ballistic Calculator

morgaj1

After doing a lot of searching, it appears that the best bet for a rangefinder with a built in ballistic calculator and bluetooth connectivity (for Kestrel 5700 connection) is the Leica CRF 2800.COM. Is there any other rangefinder that I should consider?

After owning several other rangefinders, I've found my Leica 2800.com / Kestrel 5700 Elite setup to be far better.
With the most recent updates to both units,
The connectivity is improved & features enhanced for both. Leica glass & beam targeting location in relation to the reticle is Excellent. Precise readings thru tight conditions. Leica works great as stand alone unit with on board ballistic out to 1000 yds.
or paired with Kestrel with Applied Ballistic to as far as the unit can read.

After owning several other rangefinders, I've found my Leica 2800.com / Kestrel 5700 Elite setup to be far better.
With the most recent updates to both units,
The connectivity is improved & features enhanced for both. Leica glass & beam targeting location in relation to the reticle is Excellent. Precise readings thru tight conditions. Leica works great as stand alone unit with on board ballistic out to 1000 yds.
or paired with Kestrel with Applied Ballistic to as far as the unit can read.

Good info, thank you. How far would you be comfortable just using the Leica ballistics without the Kestrel?

Good info, thank you. How far would you be comfortable just using the Leica ballistics without the Kestrel?
As a stand alone unit prior to my purchase of the kestrel I set up the Leica with a custom curve instead of one of the generic curves.
This allows for some tweaking of inputs.
With data I got in this mode I was able to make accurate on target hits out to 630 yds, once I corrected for a generic wind call.
That was as far as I tested so far with Leica ballistic only mode. I'll try farther at some point.
Now that I can pair with Kestrel I will at some
Point work to set up the onboard data to see how close I can get onboard data to match the paired data. This would be a good backup
Approach to using my Leica.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.