The 284 Terminator is unveiled

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Unveiling the 284 Terminator and before anyone says anything I am not saying we were the first ones to neck a 300 Norma down, and improve it. We have put our specs on taper and shoulder angle to be like the other Terminator rounds. Of course it has our patented +P throat design incorporated into it. I wanted a whole line of Terminator cartridges and will be adding the 224 and 243 Terminator rounds late this summer. The 284 Terminator according to QL will run the 180 Berger bullet @ 3250-3300 fps out of a 26" tube depending on powder choice of course. We will test VV N570 for top speed and Retumbo / H 1000 for stable all weather field performance. Load densities are in the 98%+ range, I am really looking forward to building and testing these. I will build a test rifle on a Terminator action (of course) in a light weight Sheep Hunter Package as that is where I see this round making the most impact. We have an order for a 30" barreled LRKM chambered in this already so I will have long barreled data for it as well. I am guessing the 30" version will run the 180's at over 3400 fps. I won't even speculate on barrel life until we wear one out, I am hoping for 800 rounds, time will tell. Stay tuned and I'll have updates with actual data and some video in the fairly near future.

284%20TERMINATOR_zpszv412mqs.jpg

Very impressive Shawn! That's a whole lot of long range pop right there! You thinking 3150 or so with the 195?.....rich

Always impressed by your cartridges Shawn! Is there a reason you went with the Norma mag as your parent case over the win mag?

image.jpeg
I think he may be thinking you based it off the older 308 Norma Mag that is similar to the 300 Win Mag , the newer 300 Norma Mag is a completely different case

We have messed with the 300 Norma imp too. It is a very impressive cartridge. I liken it to a wsm on steroids. Our experience is rum vel with 10g less powder and much easier to run in a long action with long bullets.

Very nice.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.