Well here it is, the long awaited .260 Terminator

Awesome thanks, I will try that. I have 200 rounds tumbled, wiped, chamfered, and primed.
I was thinking about using the vibration tumbler to help settle the powder.
Never tried that, I tried the end of an electric toothbrush, results were so-so, not any better, and more time consuming than a drop tube. Holding a charged case against a tumbler while covering the mouth may net good results, never tried it.

Really good info, thanks. What tube are you using? all i can find is a 10" drop from Sinclair.
I made my long drop tube funnel with a spare funnel & about a 7" long 1/4" stainless tubing that I flared on both ends with a flaring tool. Epoxied it into the outlet of the funnel. I had parts & spare time on my hands. Works good but I'm so busy now I would just buy one if I needed it.

Yeah I thought that it you put a computer mouse pad on the top and held it there it might be faster than a slow drop.
Will have to try and find out.

Nice rifle, and very sorry about the burns!!!!! I have heard that generous amounts of single malt scotch, taken three time a day , is an excellent remedy for burns. Just sayin!!! lenny

After over a year in the making, here it is from Defensive Edge the .260 terminator. View attachment 219032

Parts list:
Manners EH-1 carbon fiber stock with mini chassis, ( I think) that was the first part.
Lone Peak Fuzion Ti Medium length action,
Hawkins bottom metal medium,
Hells Canyon Summit Contour carbon fiber wrapped barrel 23.5 inch,
Trigger Tech Special trigger,
APA Little Bastard muzzle brake Gen III,
Inflection Design magazine
Glass and piller bed, chambered with +P throat by Defensive Edge.

This was initially designed for the Sherman 7 max being the medium length action but it will be able to push the 6.5 140 gr beyond 3100 I believe with the extra room. The scope is just temporary the vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x will be replaced with the HST 4-16 for hunting. Total weight before optics just over 6 lbs if the scale is to be believed.
I will get the pictures of the groups as they can be loaded.
She's a beauty!!! Don't forget the paper and flesh victory pics!

Ok so quick update,
Got the barrel cleaned (had to go buy a longer cleaning rod) and some sighters loaded to get back on paper.
Super impressed with the barrel. Came clean with a handful of patches. Even compared to the Kreiger barrel on my 308.
I have to prep field tomorrow and plant garlic on Tuesday, hopefully have a group to show you on Wednesday with the Bergers. Using those to set jump.
Oh and the burns have scabbed over quite nicely.
Have a great evening gents.

Ok guys sorry it's taken so long. Garlic took twice as long as I expected( 8116 cloves planted then covered by hand with straw). then almost a week of rain. At the same time having to find truck and camper to move into.
20201031_152451.jpg
Here is the load development starting at 50.2 gr of RL-26 and ended with 52. The higher loads are compressed loads,.010 of lands. Will be looking for ES and SD averages in the 5 shot strings. As well as accuracy within the group. Didn'ttakethe chance to test the tumbler for the compacting properties for powder vs drop tube.

Here's the results for the Berger 140 Hybrid Target. .016 of of lands. Didn't find a good rear bag substitute until volley 8. Laser temp gauge chamber area for consistent heating. It has been a while since my last grouping so don't judge to harshly, especially since I didn't have the greatest shooting position, I had to raise my chest up to get above my toolbox on the deck.
20201103_154632.jpg

20201103_154632.jpg
20201103_154714.jpg
20201103_154812.jpg

Looks like 4 and 9 if you take the 5th shot out of 9, should shoot good and only 20 fps difference. I'm going to graph the speeds to look for speed nodes.

Next is nosler RDF 140 gr.

Panhandle Precision of Utah did an awesome write up on that caliber and I believe the same rifle builder. He seems to like it!

Panhandle Precision of Utah did an awesome write up on that caliber and I believe the same rifle builder. He seems to like it!

Right on both counts, that's how it caught my eye, and I am very happy with it.
The Nosler RDF is a little underwhelming, seems to like a light load. Still at about 3050 with 50.2 gr.

So I got a new chronograph, that is now working better for numbers that make sense.
Here's a Scott Saterlee 10 shot load test.
Berger Hybrid Target 140
20201126_184943.jpg

Nosler RDF 140

20201126_184959.jpg

Nice....any pressure signs in there?
Not a one. It shot smooth. The guys at Defense Edge said they hit max at about 52-53 grains depending if it was in a box mag. since I hit the speed I was looking for at what seems to be a flat spot in the load seriesI am going to try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.