Thanks

leadtag101

Thanks Gentlemen for your input .I decided to go with the 300 RUM.My next question however,Im going to use a Hart barrel paired up with the M 700 action I have the Stock already and a Timney trigger kit.I dont have the 700 action yet though.Any suggestions on where I could get a brand new one and for how much?Also I was thinking of just ordering the barrel from Hart and having a competent gunsmith throw this stuff together for me, or would it be wiser for Hart to put this outfit together as a whole themselves.Just curious to know how critical and hard it is to pair the action and barrel up.Does a gunsmith need to be a rocket scientist to do this effectively?Or just as good as what Hart could do?Thanks again for your advice!!

Hello

Any competent gunsmith can do the work you want.

As far as a Remington action, you may want to look for a whole used rifle that has a magnum action and have your gunsmith take it apart just for the action.
I have found through experiance and the views of excellent gunsmiths that, the older Remingtons are a bit better then the newer models as far as tolerances are concerned.

The barrel and stock can then be sold for a return of some of your money spent.

Don't forget about Dan Lilja who produces fine barrels too, and is located near you.

Later
Darryl Cassel

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.