Thanks for your help!

JeremyV

Hey this is Jeremy VanSchoonhoven,
I came here a while back and asked for some votes for a photo contest I am in on riflescopes.com The photo contest is for best picture and story. I submited a story about a 6 point elk I shot at 570 yards. If any of you have some extra time please check out the picture and story and if you think its good vote for me.

I know a lot of you have already voted for me and I wanted to thank you because of your help I am in 5th place and
I just found out that two of the people in front of me are cheating so I will be moved up into 3rd place! my goal is to get secound plaec because I will win a Zeiss Conquest 4-14 rifle scope.
there are only two more days till the voting is over so if you have a few secounds to spare please give me a vote!

here is the link to vote! http://www.swfa.com/contestentries.aspx?contest=9

Thanks for your help!
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

no I did not post over there in fact I have never been to that forum before. I took a look today and found some interesting stuff so thanks for giving me the heads up on that forum.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the voting is over and I ended up in 4th place!
Thanks to all your votes I won a burris scope however I have a better scope so they let me trade it for the Bushnell 1500 rangefinder with ARC angel compensation.

The rangefinder is going to make long range hunting a lot easyer. Right now I have just been doing it old school and using my mildots but much past 600 yards it gets kind of tricky at least for me. I know some guys can be fairly accurate out to 900-1,000 yards but I cant do that at least not yet.

Anyway thanks for all the help and support!
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

If you've been ranging with mildots, the Bushie LRF will be a most welcome treat.

If mine died I'd have some sort of new LRF enroute within the day.

Congradulations.

Yea I am sure the range finder is going to be really nice! Using the mildots works but it takes more time, plus its hard to make a range card because I cant seem to find many known size objects in the woods, The only known size objects are the animals.

I found out now that SWFA will only give me $300 trade in for the scope I won, so if I want the rangefinder I need to pay $100 more so I am just going to get the scope and sell it on ebay and then buy a rangfinder. If any of you are interested in buying the scope its a Burris 3-12x44 Signature Select Rifle Scope.

Oh one last thing because I am selling the scope now I can get whatever rangefinder I want so I wanted to get your advice on what one to get.
I need it to range out to 1,000 yards in the real world not just say it does on the box.

I looked at the lica but it does not have a blistic mode or compinsates for angel shots like the bushnell 1500 ARC does. I know people are saying that the Leupold ones dont range too far but I dont have any expereice with any of them.

Thanks
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

I have the Bushnell 1500, and it has worked well, but were I to buy anew, I think I would go with the Leica 1200. My Bushnell gets iffy in the field out past 600. It will definately range to 1k, but not everytime, and never quickly. I don't personally place much value in the angle feature Bushnell offers, have heard it isn't set up ideally (mine isn't the angle model).

Check out 6mmbr.com, they have a rangefinder feature on their homepage right now.

Jeremy
From reading the reviews, most on this board, it looks like the Newcon 2000 gives the most bang for the buck. If I find someone to buy my Bushnell 1500 Elite it will be replaced with a Newcon 2000.

James

Thanks guys!
Where can I find the reviews of the Newcon 2000?
I did a google search but came up with nothing.

I have been looking at the Newcon site and it looks like an awsome rangeifnder but I would like to talk to someone who has used one before speind the $$$ even if I can only get 1,000 yards out of it I would be happy! The price is really good as well!

Thanks for your help!

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.