Need your Help

Gun Smoke

I have been shooting all of 30 yrs. Mostly hand guns.
What I need to know is if the setup that I'm thinking about is a good starting point. My budget is up to around but not over $2000.00.
Rem 700 Bull Barral in .308
Doing a triger job and brake
And for glass a Leupold vx3 6-20x40
Is this a good setup for lets say shooting around the 600 to 700 yrds?gun)

Definitely sounds like a good one. Cant beat a 308. Good all around round, plently of capability, not hard to find ammo.

My buddy has a 700 police sniper in 308 and its very capable of that.
I would use a heavy grain bullet to buck the wind. You have great great glass and are on your way.

Egun)

I would leave off the brake. Put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it and it will be fine.

I would get the larger objective 50mm. long Range version.

308 is an excellent one to start with. Plenty of knowledge online for you to read about, economical, availability of ammo, components for reloading etc is wide. Minimul recoil so I'd forego a brake and save a few bucks. Enjoy.

I like to say thank you for all of your input. You all have some good points and that is what I need to know so I spend the money in the right place the first time.lightbulb

308 is an excellent one to start with. Plenty of knowledge online for you to read about, economical, availability of ammo, components for reloading etc is wide. Minimul recoil so I'd forego a brake and save a few bucks. Enjoy.

+1 absi-posi-lutely what I was thinking

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.