Thanks for the help!

StrutNut

I want to thank everyone for the help on this site. Many have sent me pm's and I have read many more posts before making a decision. I started off with a one gun for all the hunting I do and want to do from north woods white tails to mountain elk and hopefully a moose some day. In the end, I ended up getting the Savage Bear Hunter in 300 win mag. Its equipped with a NightForce NSX 3.5x15 NPR-1 and has a EGW HD base and Seekins rings. I also got a Holland level and rear bag from the online store. I have ran 60 rounds through it with cheap Winchester Power Points mainly just for barrel brake in and for the brass. It shoots sub moa right now and the recoil with the brake on is fantastic. My 14 year old had not problem shooting it. Anyway, thanks again to all.

Attachments

• cell pics 631.jpg
    cell pics 631.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 77
I want to thank everyone for the help on this site. Many have sent me pm's and I have read many more posts before making a decision. I started off with a one gun for all the hunting I do and want to do from north woods white tails to mountain elk and hopefully a moose some day. In the end, I ended up getting the Savage Bear Hunter in 300 win mag. Its equipped with a NightForce NSX 3.5x15 NPR-1 and has a EGW HD base and Seekins rings. I also got a Holland level and rear bag from the online store. I have ran 60 rounds through it with cheap Winchester Power Points mainly just for barrel brake in and for the brass. It shoots sub moa right now and the recoil with the brake on is fantastic. My 14 year old had not problem shooting it. Anyway, thanks again to all.

Brett,

I'm glad everything is working out for you. That rifle and set-up will serve you very well and you won't be disappointed.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting.

Ed

I now have 80 rounds fired through it. I still have one more box on PowerPoints than time to reload. I really like everything about this rifle except it is not heavy enough to spot your own hits. There is really no recoil issue with the brake on. I have yet to shoot it with the brake off as honestly just been enjoying trigger time they way it is. I plan on bringing it to WI for the firearm opener out there and then getting it ready for a big game hunt out West next year for either elk or mule deer. Is 100 rounds of brass or should I start looking for more? I am thinking of H1000 with Berger 215'a and also trying out the new Hornady's when they come available.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.