Testing Cases After Resizing?

Yes. Not only that I went back and re-read it before I posted that post.
Newbie alert...I am new to reloading and have full length resized some 7mm STW, 6.5 Creedmoor and .308. I deprimed as well on the press.

I thought I would chamber a few empty cases and see how they cycle. I noticed the bolt was more difficult to close on the newly resized brass. Is this normal? No bullet in the case, no primer but I did deburr the outside and inside of case after resizing.
^^^^^^ OP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have full length dies only for my wildcats. So they get used from the first time to the last time the brass is used.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Your Post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*************** Splain*********************

Erik Cortina says always full length resize lol.
There are many that subscribe to "always full length resize". Most are not bench shooting and putting numerous rounds down range. Dangerous game hunters from what I've read and seen here mostly/only full length resize as to eliminate any chance of misfeed or jam in the chamber. I wouldn't want a brown bear raring down on me and have a bolt that won't close on a follow up shot.

There are many that subscribe to "always full length resize". Most are not bench shooting and putting numerous rounds down range. Dangerous game hunters from what I've read and seen here mostly/only full length resize as to eliminate any chance of misfeed or jam in the chamber. I wouldn't want a brown bear raring down on me and have a bolt that won't close on a follow up shot.

Maybe these hunters should run every round through the magazine and action they plan to take on the hunt before they leave the house. Then they would know their necked sized cases are fine.

Maybe these hunters should run every round through the magazine and action they plan to take on the hunt before they leave the house. Then they would know their necked sized cases are fine.
If I neck size only, I resize the neck, trim, debur and run every one of those brass through my chamber before I start completing the reloading process. It's the only way😀

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts