Tested! 6.5mm 142gr Accubond Long Range vs the 142 gr Sierra Matchking.

Thanks for the info Bryan,
I was hoping for a bullet that would outperform the Matchking that I could also use for hunting. It doesn't sound like I will find that in the Accubond Long Range. Maybe the new hornady Eld-x will do it.....or maybe Sierra will come out with something. I was hoping the new TMK was also going to be a hunting bullet but I haven't seen anything from Sierra about being able to use it as such. I guess my only consolation for now is the Long Range Accubond is close enough to the Matchking that I can practice with the SMKs and hunt with the LRAB at least until they are more readily avalible on the shelf. So, on to the next part for accuracy and velocity. Im not hijacking my own thread but I want to shoot these bullets at 2900 fps, maybe it's time to go 260AI or 6.5x284 so I can have a little more killing power out at 600 yards.
I have used the 190 MK in a 308 Baer for Whitehall,mule deer and Elk from 150 yards to 1125 yards 99% of them drop in there tracks and nothing went more than 50 yrds

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.