AccuBond LR 6.5mm 142 Grain Bullet

I have some 129's to try have not seen the 142 to date. I am sure they will be around soon enough.

I have 2 260 rem a 6.5-06 and a 6.5x284. I imagine I will be have to shoot them in a 1 in 8. My 1 in 10 6.5-06 will stabilize a 140 vld. But my 1 in 9 260 will not stabilize the 127 barnes lrx go figure.

Anyone have any actual hunting reports with the 129?

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Based on the initial roll out and availability of the other LRAB's, while I would like to try them! not holding my breath to get my hands on the 142's. I would be surprised if the BC is higher than the Bergers or JLK's. The other offerings have not lived up to the BC claims.the 142 JLK has a BC of .640/.321(G7).

Based on the initial roll out and availability of the other LRAB's, while I would like to try them! not holding my breath to get my hands on the 142's. I would be surprised if the BC is higher than the Bergers or JLK's. The other offerings have not lived up to the BC claims.the 142 JLK has a BC of .640/.321(G7).

The claimed BC figures were certainly overstated, but the 168 ABLR in 7mm has the same BC as the 180gr Berger VLD..... So there's that..... And the 150 ABLR in .270 beats the BC of the 150 Berger pretty handily.. As you will see if you look at Bryan Lutz's Testing of them.

Bryans testing for actual BC is a great benefit to LR shooters! I think 5-10% off of advertised BC qualifies as not close. Using the 210's in .308, I used the same BC I was using with my 210 Berger's to get good results. The exception at 99% as shown in the chart, was the 129gr 6.5 offering which was an oddball offering of the bunch, and many 6.5 shooters would not give it consideration at all if they were successfully using 140/142gr bullets for long range work. I expect this is why they are bringing out the 142gr LRAB. I'll certainly want to try them and I would be pleasantly surprised if the actual BC is better than what I'm using, and OK with them if they proved equal in BC to the Bergers's, were accurate, and had good terminal performance on game.

Yes, Bryan's testing is very beneficial to the Long Range Shooting community. And yes, the BC figures Bryan found were far off from what Nosler advertised, but Nosler has been known to overinflate their BC figures... The tested LRAB BC figures are close to/or better than the Bergers in most cases. Terminal performance wise, the Bergers most likely win. When I said the 168 LRAB had the same BC as the 180 Berger VLD, I was thinking of the 7mm 180gr SMK (.337 G7). The 7mm 168 LRAB is 5 points lower (.337 VLD vs .332 LRAB) but its also 12 grains lighter. Nosler has stepped their game up on bullet design. We'll have to wait and see with the 142 LRAB results....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.