Teslong bore scope, you should own one. (video)

Alex Wheeler

I have not seen these talked about much here, unless I missed it. These things are only about $50 and are a very good tool to inspect a new barrel for a concentric throat and to develop a cleaning method that actually works. Just remember the target doesnt lie, barrels can look fire cracked and quite worn and still shoot.

So true, this is the best 50.00 I had spent in a while. It will definitely show you how much copper you have left over after a cleaning. Before I purchased this I spent hours cleaning and cleaning with Boretech products believing I had copper still in the barrel with the little faint blue patches. After purchasing the scope it proved I was getting false reports, no copper anywhere in the barrel. Now my time is cut in half using this scope to verify all is good prior to stop cleaning.

I just got the wi-fi version ($75) ---no wires and I can take it to the LGS with me to inspect a barrel before buying

I will concur with others-- what ever process that savge uses to rifle a barrel is horribly rough (and this is on a 25 year old one too)

I noticed something consistent when cleaning barrels--the muzzle and chamber end clean up fairly quick, but I still have copper in the middle of the barrel for about 3 inches or so--- anyone have an idea why??

also found a few of my barrels with the dreaded carbon ring starting to build up

you learn a lot about a barrel quickly when you take a peak inside---I have an arisaka that the outside of the gun is beautiful (even still has it's mum) --I knew it didnt shoot well and can see just inside the muzzle that the lands are worn down--but talk about being shot out --man-- that thing looks like a smooth bore from inside-- the lands are still there somewhat back near the chamber but the further down the barrel you go, the worse it gets

I have not seen these talked about much here, unless I missed it. These things are only about $50 and are a very good tool to inspect a new barrel for a concentric throat and to develop a cleaning method that actually works. Just remember the target doesnt lie, barrels can look fire cracked and quite worn and still shoot.

Wow that is a beautiful chamber job

The real questions is: what barrel is that and who did the chambering? You have ruined those of us who own a borescope, where 99% of our barrels do NOT look like then, even when new.

Which lens is that taken with? I have a Teslong but I must be using a different lens as my image is from a different perspective.

Dang , that looks pretty. I just bought one of those bore sights and hope my barrels look like that, if not I might overreact and put them in recyclables bin. ....... Just kidding bout the recyclable part. LOL.

Awesome bore scope for $50. It also helps to spot carbon rings before they get too bad. I had a 22 magnum that was loosing accuracy. When I checked it with the bore scope it had a carbon ring that was getting pretty bad. Cleaned it out and it shoots like new again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts