Tell us about your 2011 draw results.

I drew a Montana Combination Big Game tag deer & elk. 1st time hunting elk or hunting out west just got out of the army few years ago looking forward to this hunting season.

MT combo, CO deer and elk 4th season, and Utah La Sal La Sal Late bull hunt. If anybody has info on the Utah hunt they are willing to share I sure could use some help. You can e-mail me at [email protected] or call at 209 416 6188

Thanks, Jerad

First time applied and drew a bull elk/rifle and mulie/rifle in area 48 Colo. Don't know much about the area-so I'm not going in with too high expectations...except maybe to fill a mulie tag:). Looking forward to being there in the fall! If anyone has any pointers, advice on this area -p.m. me. Thanks in advance for any info...

Good luck to all that drew tags!!

had 10 points in colorado,looked last nite,now have 11. looking for landowner
tag for big mule deer with rifle or crossbow

The Nevada results just came out. I drew a cow elk tag in area 076 near Jackpot and a horns shorter antelope tag in area 031 near Orovada.

My dad drew an antelope tag for area 041 which is Southeast of Gerlach.

We are leaving tomorrow for a Texas hog hunt and we are planning a fall/winter caribou hunt on Adak, Alaska.

Lucky year for my daughter and I in Nevada. She got a junior mule deer tag in area 7 and a cow elk tag in 72. I drew 10 late mule deer - smile. I also drew 12-14 antelope - which I think is the best area in the state - just north of Gerlach where I grew up -wanted this one since I was 12.

Couldn't be happier. Will be a great summer and fall.

Someone else got my antelope island deer tag, but my son & I drew for a general muley waiting to see if anyone I know drew a limited any bull preferably San Juan unit I could tag along on. Thats my heaven on earth down there.

Re: Pays to look for a bargain!

A good friend of mine wanted to go on his first elk hunt and asked me about it. It was already pretty late to get a tag but, we put in for the supplemental draw in Montana and each got a combo elk and deer tag... I was surprised and happy. We then went shopping for an outfitter and after talking to several, got one to lower the price by $1,000 each... it pays to bargain a bit in this market for open dates that the outfitters want to fill.

I drew my Wyoming Elk tag, but drew a blank on my Colorado Sheep tag. Just have to keep trying. Checked the Co. G & F website this morning and also drew a blank on elk & deer here. Just applied for pref pt on Antelope (now have 11) Will be going to Texas for pigs and I also go next spring for Turkey.

I will be going with Hidden Creek outfitters on a wilderness Elk hunt to the thorofare area in early September. After 10 years of trying for a area 100 Elk tag finally gave up and started looking elsewhere. This will be a great hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.