Tell us about your 2011 draw results.

Oregon is still a waiting game should know something before the 20th of June. fingers crossed......................:) Not gettin my hopes up.

I just applied for a deer doe tag in MT for my son in case the Big Horns in WY have too much snow by 10/15/11 to want to hunt bucks there.

I drew a non resident Bull Elk tag in Nevada. Areas 104,108,121 just north and west of Ely Nv. 1 of only 2 nonresident tags. Season runs Nov. 6 thru the 20.
On paper it looks to be a good zone for 300 to 350 class bull. I have hunted just south of this zone for deer in 2006 and 2011 and have seen some huge bulls in that zone. I would have put in for it but most of the big bulls I have seen are broken from fighting. The area I drew has a smaller number of elk which leads to less breakage.
Pretty nervous now about closing the deal. I will not be hiring a guide. I want the satisfaction of doing it myself. I live about 10 hours away so probably two scouting trips, one during the rut to get a look at the quality of the bulls and one two weeks before season to see if I can pin down their location.
If anyone reading this has hunted in this area before and wants to pass on some knowledge I am all ears!

I drew a Dall Sheep tag for the Chugach Mtn. in Alaska for August of this year. Idaho results aren't out yet for elk, deer or antelope, still hoping to draw at least one of these as well.

I drew my first Deer A license for Montana. Also applied for a Deer B and Antelope, have to wait and see if I get drawn for either of those. Since I will be driving 11 hours to hunt with a farmer, I figure I might as well make it worth the drive. Since he farms about 10,000 acres and probably has access to 10 times that amount of land, we should have a pretty good opportunity to score. He and his family are meat hunters, so if we can find a gnarly old buck, I will probably get the opportunity, since they prefer younger more tender animals. I am leaving saturday to visit and hopefully eliminate a couple of thousand gophers over the span of 3 days. Your basic win-win. Fewer gophers eating wheat, much practice shooting at all ranges with a variety of rifles and even .22 handguns for the really close ones. I love Montana!

Well, I was wrong about the no elk tag, turns out the results weren't out yet. Valle Vidal once-in-a-lifetime tag, guess I have a busy weekend in October.

I have been highly unsuccessful in the drawings so far. No cow elk tag in Colorado, no elk tags for any of the 5 units in South Dakota, 6 draws and no tags. The elk herd in SD is hurting bad between the yellow kittys,wolves, and bad winters.

I am thinking of a second season bull tag for CO and probably hunt unit 5 or 14.

All I ended up with is 5 red UNSUCCESSFUL results for me. I went 0/5 this year here in NM. The coyotes are going to pay dearly this fall. gun)

Wife and I both drew extra antlerless deer with shortrange weapon. That gives us the opportunity to take 4 deer this fall. That's a lot of venison in the freezer!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts