Tell us about your 2011 draw results.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Not all results are available yet but let's start a list.

I drew a deer tag in MT and I'll be hunting in the northeast part of the state on a combination of public and private. The private is Block Management land accessible to the public. I've been doing more hiking and scouting there lately, adding more land to my knowledge base.

We just realized last night we missed the deadline to apply for the MT. moose , sheep and Goat draw. Probably would not have drawn anyway but would have bought points. I hate it when I let work occupy the majority of my limited thought process.:rolleyes:

I have a MT. Black bear tag but have yet to go out and look for one. It is also valid for fall bear if I don't get out. I am hell bent to finish this house we are building and be free for the up comming seasons.

My son and I applyied for WY antelope and I applied for a WY Mule deer. That is always a fun trip even though I have yet to find the right Muley in 4 years of trying. I see no reason to take a small one so I have been enjoyng the tag soup. We will be camped for 5 days and it is one of our favorite hunts.

The usual MT. Elk deer and antelope will be applied for here at the ranch along with my son and I applying for Bull tags in the Elk Horns. Plus my wife will apply for her cow tag again along with her general bull tag. After taking her first cow last year at 415 yards with my 300 win and a 210 Berger she is definatly hooked. She has even made mention that if the right bull came along she might like to have some antlers in the pic this year.

Last but not least, we will all be carrying wolf tags.

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a bear tag for Mount Taylor in NM, only 5 tags for the area, and a whole month to get a shot. Lost out (as usual) on oryx and elk in trophy area (still have the freezer full from last year so I didn't put in for a higher probability tag in lower grade elk area).

I just finished my last hunting handgun build in 375 RUM for our upcoming moose hunts in September. ( left) next to the Edge,followed by the 6.7 pound 300 RUM and Lisa's 338WSM (right).

Lisa drew one of 7 cow tags for our area just south of Fairbanks. I drew an any bull tag to go along with the general spike or large bull over the counter tag. So we will spend 2 weeks with over the counter sheep/Griz and any moose tags in the back country.

My guide friend called me two weeks ago to let me know he saw 6 grizzly in ten miles of river drainage.

SavageFamilyofRUMS.jpg

Neal

I drew a Montana Combination Big Game tag (deer& elk). I'll be hunting in Wibaux, MT with Hidden Valley Outfitters, my EIGHTH trip with them. Looking forward to another great rut hunt for muley bucks. Last year, I saw SEVEN 4X4's in the first hour of my hunt.

I missed out on Arizona Elk. I really felt lucky when I was applying, however it did not work out, so another Bonus Point has been added to my account!
Next up is the mulie, bighorn and buffalo draw. I really want the mulie tag. I'm not ready for bighorn and buffalo can wait so I'll accept the points again!
Good luck to everyone on your draws!

Well after three attempts I finally drew a buck tag for Montana BUT the area I hunt is east of Malta. There are numerous reports both from my friends who live there, Internet and Montana Wildlife states that due to the horribile winter they had there that the deer and antelope took a beating. I haven' t got the results from my antelope tags yet. Go Figure, after finally getting a tag, they had the worst winter in years and a big morality rate. About my luck, but going anyway. A friend has some private property and he says not to worry, there are plenty left. Wish me luck.

Not all results are available yet but let's start a list.

I drew a deer tag in MT and I'll be hunting in the northeast part of the state on a combination of public and private. The private is Block Management land accessible to the public. I've been doing more hiking and scouting there lately, adding more land to my knowledge base.

I drew a Rocky Mountain Bighorn tag for areas S1,S18, and S40 in Colorado!

Well, I don't have on red or OD green socks on but here goes....

The Washington draw results are not out yet. I applied for moose and a 2nd deer tag. Stepped up and bought a raffle ticket for moose as well.

When the results are out I'll post if I did any good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.