TC ICON precision hunter

I bought a regular icon in .308 a couple of months ago. The action is the most impressive I've ever seen for stock. Accuracy on the other hand was terrible. It shot all over the place. 2 shots would touch and then one would be 4" off. I tried 3 different scopes and all kinds of handloads and factory ammo. I really loved the action but finally gave up on it and traded it in on another sendero. I would love to build off of the action though. I only paid $550.00 with the rebates. Should have kept it.

I used my PH 308 while regular season just before Thanksgiving, 6 pointer buck was 80 yards away passing dangerously close to my neighbor's territory, I didn't want to take any chances so I shot him right between the eyes with 150 gr Hornady BTSP loaded with 44 grains of IMR 4064, it dropped on the spot, I did follow up with another head shot threw mandibular towards cerebellum, I was in a kneeling position when I fired, the riffle worked great, specially it was drizzling all morning, weird thing Hornady BTSP didn't made an exit, it fragmented the only things I was able to recover were small pieces of lead and copper, of-course skull was a mush. Before hunting season I was working on the hunting load and the one I used produced 0.517" 5 shot group at 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.