TBAC5 vs Gunwerks vs ??

AB Suppressors, I don't have any experience with them but just saw their add a couple days ago and was intrigued by them.
I do own about 10 suppressors with 3 of them being Silencer central Banish 30 which is an awesome Suppressor, and you can change it from a 9" can to a 6" can for hunting. You can also take it apart and clean it which is huge because they can get so dirty that they will cause back pressure and cause stiff bolt lift and over pressure issues.

Last edited:
I'm looking at suppressors too. Was leaning toward the TBAC Ultra 7 for a hunting rifle, 6.5 Creed for my granddaughter.
Looks like most of the precision rifle winners use TBAC, so accuracy should be good.

For PD guns, though, in .204 and .223, looking at CGS Hyperion or Helios. Looks like from the Pew Science evaluation they are pretty quiet, and length is not an issue.
Anyone use the CGS cans?

I will make a comment on a separate suppressor, the banish back country is rated to 300 Rum, does it work up to a 300 Rum, yes. It's loud as far a suppressor is concerned. Your ears will not ring, but I would not recommend it on a magnum. I think it would be alright on a cartridge with a powder Column less than 76 grains. Still waiting to test that theory…. The more baffles and longer tubes are better for recoil, and noise reduction.
I have a 300 RUM and have been waiting almost a year for the Back Country suppressor - after your comments I hope I'm not disappointed with recoil and sound reduction.

I use an Ultra 5 for hunting and Ultra 9 on the bench for load development. I currently hunt with .300 WSM, .280 AI & 30-06. The Ultra 5 is perfect for hunting - very compact and lightweight. If I had it to do over again, I'd make the same choice.

Hey my free 2c is buy exactly what you want. Suppressors are specific tools for specific jobs and let's be honest, no one is going to just buy one. I would have some thought on where you want to go in your suppressor journey as that can save money long term with brakes etc, but physics doesn't lie and volume is king. Getting a 5 and down the road a 9 would cover most bases.

With that being said I wanted the 5, but went with the Scythe due to recoil management with a 300 PRC. My older Saker can changed the recoil moment to where I can't stay on target at all. Fingers crossed once it comes in that little brake on the end will make the 22" cannon maneagable. The U5 G2 is sexy and you should buy it. Pic attached next to a Nomad Ti.

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpeg
    IMG_1250.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 42