Serviceable supressor vs non serviceable

Some big names recently are pushing the sealed cans (Q and Gunwerks are the two that come to mind). My Lane Scorpion gets dirty and I've taken it apart a few times in the last couple years.

I don't understand the benefit of a sealed can. Seems as though sound suppression on ones that can be disassembled is still really good. I bought a banish 30 in January and I look forward to seeing whether it works better than the one I have now.

Manufacturers of welded cans can usually repair them. For guns that shoot dirty it's really nice to be able to take a can apart and clean it. For something like a 22-250 or 300 win mag they tend to stay pretty clean if you shoot dry. If you're shooting wet then stuff gets dirty fast and needs cleaned a lot.

Manufacturers of welded cans can usually repair them. For guns that shoot dirty it's really nice to be able to take a can apart and clean it. For something like a 22-250 or 300 win mag they tend to stay pretty clean if you shoot dry. If you're shooting wet then stuff gets dirty fast and needs cleaned a lot.
Do ultrasonic cleaners work good on them?

Most baffle strikes are related 1. Direct thread coming loose or 2. Putting the baffle stack back in incorrectly.
A welded tube eliminates the 2nd issue if it's even an issue and if the company is good will warranty the work. If you need to send it in they'd need to cut the welds make the fix and stitch it back up. Other than that i don't see why you would need to clean the baffles all that much unless you were wetting the baffles with white lithium grease.

Pistol and rimfire suppressors shoot "dirty" and can clog up.
High power rifles shooting jacketed bullets typically have enough muzzle blast to keep the interior clean.
Talking to manufacturers in the past, they didn't like high pressure rifle suppressors being take apart due to threaded joints and the pressures involved. Easier to weld and they didn't have to worry about consumer misalignment/reassembly.
just my opinion and experience. RP

22 rimfire suppressors should be serviceable due to the fact that rimfire ammo is very dirty, lots of lead and carbon buildup. High pressure centerfire suppressors don't get dirty enough to worry about, unless you're constantly running full auto

The biggest reason for a fully welded suppressor is strength and weight. A welded baffle stacks are stronger and don't necessarily require an outer tube. Gunwerks 8ight, Q, and Dead Air nomad all have gone larger diameter with no outer tube. Arguably a fully welded can should have a stable point of impact shift and be more accurate because there is no tolerance stacking within the baffles. For baffles to be removable they have to have "play". "Play" means less stable and potentially less accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.