Multi use supressor

556shooter

what would be a good supressor that I could swap between 300wsm, ar10 308, ar15 and say 45acp handgun? Is that possible or do you need a supressor for each caliber?
I am ready to buy my first can but want to choose the right one.

I just bought my first can and am waiting the LONG process. They say my "cans in jail." Omega and Thunderbeast were what I was told to buy but I spent time with a vender that sells them all. After careful consideration I ended up with a Q, Trash Panda. I'll be using it on a 308, 6XC, 6.5X284 ,260 Rem and 222 Rem Mag. I've been assured it will work well with all those calibers. Less expensive then the Ultra 7 I was going to buy. I've been told the Ultra 9 will work well for 300 WM on down to what ever you need.

My multipurpose can is the Liberty Mystic X. Works on 22rf up 300 Win Mag. Does not work with the 45.

Thing with a suppressor is you can fire any round through it that is smaller than the bore of the suppressor. The thing to consider though is clearance, the tighter the clearance of the bullet to the bore of the suppressor baffles, the better the performance. But can't get too tight for fear of a baffle strike. My baffles have .375" bore for 30 caliber, so I could not shoot 45 through it. Could always buy/build one for 45 then can shoot anything smaller through it, but your performance starts dropping as the bullet/baffle clearance increases...how much? I have no idea! it's illegal to experiment without $200 and 6-60month waiting period per variable change. Or becoming a manfacturer.

For a 45acp your suppressor will need to be able to have a piston installed to reliably cycle a semi automatic. Assuming it's a handgun and not a fixed barrel 45 carbine. A great candidate for this is the Silencerco Hybrid. I have one that I've used on .223-45 acp and a lot in between. It's a 46 cal can and can be used on just about everything including 45-70. It is definitely a RIFLE can that works on handguns too, but is bulky for handgun. Ideally a good 30 cal can and a dedicated 45cal pistol can would be better suited but for a do it all, the hybrid is tough to beat. I can go from my short barrel 5.56 to my 6.5 creed to my 1911 in a matter of minutes.

Any name brand 30cal will would great for a multiuse application. I've had an omega for 5 years and it works great. My brother in law uses the 45cal silencerco suppressor as his multiuse suppressor. Works great. It's the saker I believe?

Any name brand 30cal will would great for a multiuse application. I've had an omega for 5 years and it works great. My brother in law uses the 45cal silencerco suppressor as his multiuse suppressor. Works great. It's the saker I believe?
Saker is in 5.56 or 30 cal. You may be thinking of the .46 cal can called the Hybrid and it's a wonderful supressor.

For a 45acp your suppressor will need to be able to have a piston installed to reliably cycle a semi automatic. Assuming it's a handgun and not a fixed barrel 45 carbine. A great candidate for this is the Silencerco Hybrid. I have one that I've used on .223-45 acp and a lot in between. It's a 46 cal can and can be used on just about everything including 45-70. It is definitely a RIFLE can that works on handguns too, but is bulky for handgun. Ideally a good 30 cal can and a dedicated 45cal pistol can would be better suited but for a do it all, the hybrid is tough to beat. I can go from my short barrel 5.56 to my 6.5 creed to my 1911 in a matter of minutes.
The piston he is talking about is commonly marketed as a booster or a inertial device. I recommend liberty suppressors for these, as they will fit liberty and gemtech cans

what would be a good supressor that I could swap between 300wsm, ar10 308, ar15 and say 45acp handgun? Is that possible or do you need a supressor for each caliber?
I am ready to buy my first can but want to choose the right one.
What is your budget? list what is important, weight, size, life, features, quick detach or thread on? warranty and customer service. list what is the most important, if you say it is all important then have a good budget. the 45 acp is an issue there are a few that will do it but it's not cheap or it's cheap but not a good fit for life span or not fit for rapid firing.

Buy 2 cans one pistol one rifle.

But to answer your question a sico hybrid will do it. Just not as well as 2 cans.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.